Men's Health Community

My Right nipple hurts?

Okay so for about 2 weeks now or maybe more. My right nipple hurts when i touch it & sometimes when it touches with something or when i take of my shirt sometimes. Its only my right one. It also feels like there is a lump behind it. It is also pointier than my left one. My left one doesnt hurt at all. I am an 18 year old male. What could it be? Some guy on yahoo answers said it could be nipple cancer? It concerned me. Should i let this slide & see if the pain goes away by itself? Help please. Keep it mind if i dont touch it no pain. But it is pointier than my left. Its like a sting feeling.
A complete history and clinical examination is very important for determining the exact cause of your symptoms. Hormonal changes can cause a disproportionate increase in the size of nipples. Did you suffer any trauma? After any trauma there may be collection of blood behind the nipples leading to the formation of a heamatoma.Breast injury, mastits, breast cyst, fibroadenoma, breast cancer are few other possibilities. Get yourself evaluated by a doctor. Do write to me again.
Best luck and regards!