Men's Health Community

Overheating while running/lightheadness/nauseau afterwards

For the last five months it feels like whenever I run my "internal thermostat" is broken. I overheat and have to stop because I feel like I'm going to faint.  This feeling also happens at the gym.  I feel lightheaded after only a half hour and need to sit and calm myself.  I don't know if it's my diet or what.  I think it might be vertigo because I feel like my head is swimming in waves when I stand still and everything is closing in on me.  I am 32 years old, 5' 11", 167 pounds, in great shape, and have never suffered any major illnesses before.  About an hour afterwards, I feel queezy (though I've never vomited.)  Thank God I know when to stop running.  But I'm worried and don't know what's wrong. I even feel this way at weddings sometime and at concerts. Thank you for your time.
Hi,You need to have your thyroid checked.Sounds like that may be your problem.The thyroid works like the fan on a car cooling the engine.The thyroid cools your body down in the same way.They will need a blood test to checked it.Good luck.