A
A
A
Close
Men's Health Community
13.6k Members

PCR hiv test reliability and window period

Hello all,

first of all,thank you for your contribution and desire to help and educate.
Here is my question and problem that bothers me a lot in the last few days.

Last friday i went out with friends and got quite drunk(not proud of it).There are moments that are blank and i can't
remember everything.I have OCD and currently being treated for it.I am very scared i might have done something that i wouldn't normally in the right state of mind do and i am also scared someone might have infected me with hiv((pricked me with tainted blood or something)this is my main OCD obsession)).I know this is irrational fear and normally people wouldn't do such an awful thing but i am very scared.I barely sleep lately and feel very anxious and guilty for getting that drunk.

I would like to test myself as soon as possible for hiv and the fastest test with smallest window period seems to be the PCR test.I know i probably worry about nothing but please understand my fear and don't judge me too harsh.I am trying my very best to cope with it.

Can please someone tell me how reliable the PCR test is after let's say 12 days and should i go for it.
I apprecite every opinion and thank you all in advance.I know i have a psychological problem and i am trying to cope with it.I pray noone did anything bad on me.

bests,
         Ronnie
0 Responses
Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1562368567
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498589250
Indore, India
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Sean Cummings discusses which available erectile dysfunction treatments may have the best outcome for you
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
10 prostate cancer misconceptions debunked.