Men's Health Community

Pain during Urination when going to the bathroom STI Testing & UTI Negative

Hello its only been a couple of days since I was at the urgent care for Pain during urination and a burning sensation I got my results back to day Chymdia, Gonorrhea Tri and STI'S Were all negative and UTI Showed negative I took a test at home and noticed a high white blood cell count though is it possible I still have a UTI Im a male as well, 22 years old they treated me with antibiotics to be safe and if no reflief after to follow up with a eurologist is it possible for UTI Tests to show negative when you might actually have one?
Yes, it's possible.

Before the urine test at the urgent care, how long prior had you urinated? Had it been at least an hour? When you gave the urine sample, was it a first catch, meaning when you first started peeing, the first part of your urine stream went into the cup?

If it had been less than an hour or it wasn't your first catch, the test may not be accurate.

Also, if you'd taken any antibiotics within the 2 weeks prior, it could give you a false negative on any of those tests.