Avatar universal

Painful skin under head of penis

Hello, I have a question about something that has started up today, but has a few months worth leading up to it.

I've recently had to cut back on the amount that I masturbate due to fear of injuring my penis. I took a long break and became sexually active with myself and my partner again shortly after. However, since moving to a new location I've had an issue where the skin of my penis is rolling up around the head (like I have foreskin, even though I am circumcised). Since this has begun, the skin around the ridge of my penis's head has become 'sticky' for lack of a better term. If I am erect, this feeling around my skin goes away.

Today, I woke up and discovered upon peeling back the skin that it was painful on one side. Quite a bit painful, actually, but only in the skin, and once pulled back, the skin stopped hurting. If I have an erection, there is no discomfort at all. There is no redness or swelling as far as I can tell, only the visible lymph channels underneath the skin. I have gained about 20 pounds since started school so I had assumed that perhaps this was the reason my skin has been rolling up lately. I shower diligently and thoroughly clean my penis, but the 'sticky' feeling won't go away unless I am erect.

Any advice on how to handle this? I have suspected some kind of fungal infection, perhaps, as it can't be STD related due to my being tested recently with clean results. I am worried the pain will only get worse but seeing a specialist is too far out of my budget at the moment.
Discussion is closed
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.
Men's Health Community Resources
Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1515357643
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498589250
Indore, India
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI