Men's Health Community
13.5k Members
Avatar universal

Penis hard even in flaccid state

Hello. I have posted a bit in someone else's thread, but wanted to make my own. I will give a brief rundown of the situation.

When i was 15, i was wrestling around with some friends , and felt an odd pop in my lower abdoment along with a very weird sensation in my groin. Went to the bathroom, and noticed my penis and almost fully retracted into my abdomen and was stiff , even though it was in its "flaccid" state. I went to the doctor a few months later , (being a young teen i was embarrased) and he said he didnt know, but its probably nothing to worry about and it would probably resolve itself. It never did, and i am 27 now.

It doesnt affect my sex life directly, i can achieve and maintain an erection just fine, urination is fine as well. The problem is, that it is very uncomfortable, and makes living a normal life nearly impossible. I have sever anxiety attacks about it, i guess from feeling like i am not in control of my own body. The feeling is horrible and i wouldnt wish it upon anyone.

I saw a urologist about a week ago, and he dismissed it as caused by anxiety. Yes, i said, the anxiety makes it worse, but it shouldnt be stiff in the flaccid state. He said he felt some fibrous tissue, and suggested maybe a mild case of Peyronies. But all the research i have done on peyronies, nothing fits except for the fibrous tissue. My erection does not curve, and peyronies patients dont complain of severe retraction or hardess while flaccid. Priaprism?

Anyone have any ideas?
198 Responses
Avatar universal
Avatar universal
Avatar universal
I sometimes experience this myself mate but I can't help you as no-one has been able to explain to me what's going on.

My doctor says I've no fibrous tissue.  

Does this happen 100% of the time?
Avatar universal
Yes, it happens 100% of the time. I make make it soft by 'playing' with it a bit. Did you receive an ultrasound?
Avatar universal
I've had an ultrasound and a saline erection due to the main problem I have (shrinking penis) and the doctors found nothing untoward with either the tissue or the blood flow.

It doesn't happen all the time for me but it is a regular occurance.

I feel it's often like that following sex/masturbation
Avatar universal
I have had neither an ultrasound or any other procedure other than the doctor painfully squeezing my wang while "flaccid" and saying "yeah, i feel a little fibrous tissue". He wasnt terribly concerned and proclaimed that  i am not a sick man. I dont think i am "sick" per say, but it does affect my quality of life in a huge way. It is not normal, and just because it doesnt hurt , doesnt mean its OK. Am i right in thinking i should seek a second opinion?
Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1562368567
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498589250
Indore, India
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Sean Cummings discusses which available erectile dysfunction treatments may have the best outcome for you
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
10 prostate cancer misconceptions debunked.