Men's Health Community

Penis retracting into body

My husband fell on his penis when he was younger while at a skating ring- he is now 20. Ever since then, he had a indention above his penis. Another symptom is that his penis retracts into his body when his adrenaline gets going. He would literally have to pull it out before it goes all the way in.

I have tried looking up these symptoms but only found one thing called "Penis Panic" pretty much saying that its a beliefe where men think their penis is going to retract into their body and disapear. Well, this def is not something in his head, lol... really happens.

Anyone else heard of this? He went to the doc- the doc is going to call him back cause he doesnt know what it could be.

Thanks in advance,
Shannon
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Hi everyone,

I have been reading the posts for years now and didn't have the guts to even create and account and post something on here until now. I believe I'm one of you who suffer from this problem. I took SSRIs for this because the doctors thought I was "depressed", but we all know that our depression comes from a problem like that. I was able to accept myself for some time that I'm just one of those guys who worry a lot and everything will subside with relaxation. When relaxed, I feel relaxed down there too, but if I feel a little doubt or move or do something, I could feel the retraction again. It's really ridiculous that no doctor in the field is decent enough to take on this problem and try to come up with a solution for it. I'm not really sure what to do anymore. I feel so bad about myself. The worst thing is that I'm seeing this fine girl, and we are in love, and I'm not sure how she would feel about it. I have really been thinking about suicide lately. I don't know, but I thought I could deal with anything else other than that. I needed to talk about it so I can relieve some of my pain. I'm a complete mess. I can't do anything anymore.
Please or to view.
When me and my husband sex when he is on top I can not have a orgasm I can when I on top of him but when is do when is on top I still what sex became I did not have a ogasm
I wonder if any one following this threat.

But I have a Question

Does any of you having this problem is or have been on ADD or amphetamine? namely Concerta, Adderall, Ritalin etc.

I just want to see how many of you are on these?
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
I have this same problem. Is there still no explanation for it? Anyone? Please help!!
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
I have a similar problem it usally happens when i am ready to fight or having an angry episode. It always comes back out so i have learned to relax and it comes back out on its own. Amd i dont think it matters how large or small it is mine is 9" hard so i dont think size is an issue as much as just an adrenaline rush. Hope this helps.. Sincerly joe
Please or to view.
Also forgot to mention that it just stays sucked in or hidden till I get erect or pull it out myself.  It's not because of adrenaline or anything.  It is just at that state normally...all the time.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Been dealing with this for some years now and viaswiss is right! "A Headache in the Pelvis" is a great book which has helped me. I Do the tennis ball technique triggering the nerves and stretching the muscles +  I do my own physical therapy as described in the book, activating  the trigger points, and have had excellent results.

But that's only part of it. Delving into this "Chronic Bracing" I've started to notice some interesting things. Sometimes when I'm watching tv, and I see a video of a person getting hurt and I literally brace and feel the pain in the pudendal nerves and levator ani muscles. I've notice I'm hypersensitive and hypervigilent as well and used to be starled easily. Weary of people and avoid social situations to an extreme. It's like the fight or flight mechinism is always on. This I believe, was literally at least for me, whats called Complex PSTD  (post traumatic stress disorder) from an injury AND being bullied for a very long period of time. It sounds a bit crazy, but finding out what's pushing your fear buttons is crucial to returning back to a somewhat normal life. This website is great and maybe it applies to you too.  http://www.bullyonline.org/stress/ptsd.htm
Start paying attention to what sets it off! Ask yourself what your afraid of, and what is stressing you out besides this condition? Hope you find your answers!
God Bless
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
That is very interesting. I have been suffering from this for 2 years. 5 months ago I discovered I had anxiety issues that might be the cause. I have ordered that book and will post about my progress.

Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Hello
i have the problem since a month when :
- i feel the fear or I have  a critical issue in my job or others
- i do jogging or other effort
I feel work stress , but who don't?
I am about to do andrologic exams, even if I guess problem is to remove anxiety start. But suggestion by viaswiss seems good , could you confirm his advice ?
Please or to view.
Another method comes to my mind is Uthit Padmasan. This is yougic posture. Even one can sit cross legged on a floor oron a cot and a mattress. Keep on jumping on your buttocks, keeping your palms on the floor or mattress.Here  you leverage your palm for jumping.You can navigate Lotus postures or padmasan and you will find details of this posture.
Please or to view.
This problem has pretty much ruined my life for over 10 yeard. It keeps me from certain types of work and other situations because I have to consider will I have a place to pull things out. My doctor has told me its harmless but when it happens I just cant not fix it. I go into a type of panic. I have no idea what to do but I just cant handle this much longer
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Did you ever find anything out??? My husband has similar complaint when he is sprinting on his bike!
I personally can vouch that this happens. However for me, it only occurs when I start to run. Walking, elliptical, or with weightlifting it doesn't happen, but as soon as I run it begins retracting. The only thing I can say is that physically there is no danger of damage, it's just unsettling and uncomfortable. If he ever finds a solution I'd love to hear about it.
Sounds like suspensory ligament detachment.
Get GP to refer to a Urologist
Please or to view.
I this problem sense I was a kid after getting hit with a hardball when I was ten years old Bern thi way every sense then
Please or to view.
Dude, what your saying is exactly what I experience... also when I am amped by too much coffee or an energy shot it really happens  ...so Fing uncomfortable ...... I am going to my Dr and I have already mentioned it to Him .... try to find out more... kinda scary as I also noticed a distinct shortness of breath and my back hurts a lot .... all this started at the same time about 3 months ago  .... if I want to stay comfortable I use a ponytail
band and extend it out by ....Basically masturbating... I don't *** I just get a bit hard and then put the cloth band LOOSELY around it at the base...
Probably not GOOD but WAY more comfortable ...
I am thinking it may be my Heart as I am also experiencing COLD Legs
I can't seem to get them warm ...
But, especially if I do Energy shots or a lot of caffeine ... Bummer is I have a medication I take that makes me lethargic ....if I want to get anything done I NEED to get Energy .... what a quandary    
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
My husband had this happen after knee surgery - we didn't freak out but it was seriously the craziest thing I've ever seen.  Maybe it was because of the trauma of the knee injury and subsequent surgery?  It resolved itself after a few weeks, but for awhile it was almost completely flush with his groin region and made peeing into the urinal a challenge.