Aa
A
A
A
Close
Men's Health Community
14k Members

Please describe your experience with orchitis.

Orchitis is an inflammatory condition of one or both testicles in males, generally caused by a viral or bacterial infection.Most cases of orchitis in children are caused by infection with the mumps virus.Orchitis caused by a bacterial infection most commonly develops from the progression of epididymitis, an infection of the tube that carries semen out of the testicles. This is called epididymo-orchitis.The majority of cases of mumps orchitis occur in prepubertal (less than 10 years old) males, while most cases of bacterial orchitis occur in sexually active men, or in men older than 50 years of age with benign prostatic hypertrophy.
1 Responses
I have had orchitis since the age of 10. I have had large testicles with an average penis all my life. I had surgery on my testicles due to cysts in them and in the epididymis of one. Chronic orchitis was the diagnosis. The odds for the surgery was to wake with one, none, or both. After the surgery my left quit, but my right is still there.
Have an Answer?
Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1562364967
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498585650
Indore, India
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Sean Cummings discusses which available erectile dysfunction treatments may have the best outcome for you
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
10 prostate cancer misconceptions debunked.