"Porn-Induced" Erectile Dysfunction
I have been viewing internet pornography frequently (4 to 5 times a week) for the past 6 years. I am in my mid-20’s and have had a problem getting and maintaining an erection with sexual partners since my late teens when I first started looking at internet porn. I have gone to various GPs down through the years and have always been told that my problem is psychological… though I always doubted that performance anxiety could last as long as it has. After researching on the internet it seems that others are suffering as I am and the key to my problem may be porn. I realize that there is no medical evidence linking pornography with ED, only anecdotal evidence, but I have come to the stage, and have been for quite some while, that I no longer can get an erection from looking at porn or from sexual activity with a partner. If I am watching porn I must manually stimulate myself to achieve an erection. Once i do achieve an erection on my own, it will not last if I do not keep up the manual stimulation. I am going to quit my viewing habits altogether and am just writing to enquire how long, in your opinion, will it take someone to rid themselves of a psychological problem like mine and go onto live a normal sexually-healthy life.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.