Men's Health Community

Prolonged erection after Viagra, priapism?

Hi, I'm 27 and had some performance anxiety erection problems last months, causing me to loose erection sometimes during intercourse. Anyway, last night I was expecting to have sex so took one 100mg Viagra pill around 9.30PM. Had sex about an hour later and all was good, strong erection throughout the intercourse, no matter I was nervous about it. After I ejaculated the erection normally went away. Girl went home so I went to sleep around midnight without erection. However, I woke up around 6AM with a strong erection and a mild headache, which I know is a side effect of sildenafil. I remember I had some erotic content dreams before waking up. I just wanted to sleep and didn't feel aroused at all but the boner was there. So I masturbated and the erection went away after ejaculation. However, it fully came back just few minutes later. I masturbated again and after second ejaculation the erection definitely went away, so I fall asleep. Woke up around noon, again with a strong erection. Masturbated again and it eventually went away after new ejaculation. I will accent that there was no any pain in my penis at all, only a mild headache. So I am a little worried as there is a possibility that my erection over night was lasting for hours while I was sleeping, could it make any damage to my further erectile function? Thanks in advance! John
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
This is not priapism and will not cause any damage to your erectile tissues. If you take Viagra again take only 10 mg not 100. Viagra is not the optimum treatment for performance anxiety erectile dysfunction. Behavioral modification is.