Men's Health Community

Purple lump

Hi, wasn't sure what section to put this in so using this one. Today I noticed a purple lump on my forearm about a centimetre in diameter and raised about two millimetres. Within 10 mins of noticing it the lump stayed at one centimetre in diameter but went back almost flush with the skin? It doesn't hurt when I touch it and it looks like it is directly above a vein. Can anyone help with this one please?
It sounds like maybe a blown vein. Do you remember bumping it on something recently? Although it doesn't always take a bump to make sometimes fragile veins burst. Maybe keep an eye on it, but in my opinion it sounds harmless. Good luck!
Thanks for your reply, I do remember hurting my arm when I was lifting a box yesterday so sounds like this is what it is.