Men's Health Community
13.8k Members
Avatar universal

Raised bump/scar in pubic area

Hello everybody, I have been monitoring this bump/scar/raised skin thing for the period of about 3 weeks now. It feels like the skin is tough underneath it and it hurts to touch. The bump is located in the pubic area. I have removed an ingrown hair from this site before in the past. But now it looks like a scar and the bump has been growing. If you lift the skin, it follows with it. To put it in perspective, the scar/bump you see in the picture almost feels exactly how a grain of sand would feel underneath the skin, just softer. I have been applying antibiotic ointment to see if it would take care of it, and it has done nothing to my advantage. What are all of the possibilities and how should I treat this? Ingrown hair? Cyst? STD? Thanks in advance!
1 Responses
139792 tn?1498585650
Skin problem is difficult to diagnose and treat. This can be done by dermatologists who is in the skin practice for a  long time. This will ensure correct diagnosis and treatment plan.
Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1562364967
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498585650
Indore, India
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Sean Cummings discusses which available erectile dysfunction treatments may have the best outcome for you
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
10 prostate cancer misconceptions debunked.