Men's Health Community

Recurring discomfort like a hot piece of sand at end of urethra

It feels sort of like a hot piece of sand is sitting between 1 and 3 inches from the end of my penis. It's not exactly painful, just uncomfortable. It usually goes away within 10-20 minutes, but sometimes lasts longer.

To make sure it goes away, I usually drink a glass of water when it starts. If it's not gone already about half an hour later, I can make it go away as long as I can generate a strong stream of urine.
Actually, it tends to start when I only need to urinate a little. As such, the stream is not that strong, and it is often when I finish urinating with this weaker stream that I start to feel the "hot piece of sand" feeling. I've started drinking a lot more water to avoid ever having a weaker stream, which seems to help, but here and there it happens again.

This used to happen very occasionally, months apart, but over the past few months it seems to happen every week or so. It's very unlikely I have any STD's, but even if I do have one right now, I definitely didn't have any when this all started, so my thought is that it's probably not one?
Cranberry pills &juice should help. Could be a possible Urinary track infection