Men's Health Community

Red bumps on fingers - no pain, no itch

For the last 6 months or so I have had small red bumps that slowly come up on my left hand (index/middle finger) only on the side. They never have been on the palm side or top of my hand.  There is no pain or itch associated with them and never appears to be any puss.  They stay red the entire time.  They eventually (within 2-3 weeks) get smaller, but then some peel and some just seem to be absorbed back into the skin.  It only appears on the index and middle finger on my left hand and I have had it once come up on the index finger of my right hand.  

I went to a dermatologist and he told me it was something like "gnasta christi" - I know I butchered that name.  But, when I got home and looked it up, it seems to be more common among children, but a few cases among adults have been noted.  He said it would go away, but since that visit, it has come and gone 3 times now.  

I am a healthy 32 year old male, who works an office job and am not around any chemicals that would cause this.  

Any thoughts? Thank you!
I have attached 2 photos that might help. thanks.