Men's Health Community

Retinal Repair, Silicon Oil and Wavy Vision

I am a 59-1/2 year old white male living in the Philippines. In Sept. 2011 I had cataract surgery and artificial lenses inserted in both eyes. In Dec. 2011 I noticed I had vision loss which was diagnosed as a hole and a tear in my left eye retina. On Dec.14,2011 I underwent laser surgery which included the injection of silicon oil into the eye. The retina was repaired. However, the vision in the left eye was effected to the point that all straight lines appeared WAVY and, in general, I would describe the vision as if one was looking underwater. I also have many bubble-like floaters in my left eye. On Feb.23 I underwent surgery to remove the silicon oil. My vision in the left eye has remained the SAME. Unchanged from the underwater effect. My retinal opthamologist (surgeon) said that this was due to dirt and intrusion into my new, artificial lens resulting from my retinal laser surgery that he performed. On Mar.20 he performed laser "repair" to this lens. I still have no improvement to this underwater vision. By the way I was charged extra for this lens repair. Is all of this normal? Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you!
   I am sorry, I can only sympathise with you, apparently the lens problem is not yet cleared. In this situation, all that I would advise is to go to a better clinic for help as your present doctor seems to have reached the limit of his resources.

Solace