Aa
A
A
A
Close
Men's Health Community
13.5k Members

Slight bump in pubic hair region - what is it?

Hi there, i'm new to this site/forum and i'm starting to worry about a problem i've come across. I've had a slight lump/bump in the area of my pubic hair, about 1cm away from the base of my penis and it is like the size of a pea cut in half. it seems to be growing underneath the skin and it does feel slightly sore when i touch it. if i press down harder on it it hurts more and does slightly go red. it doesn't look like there's any puss or anything like it inside, it is quite firm and looks like an mosquito bite, just hard instead of soft.

i read around and some people have a similar problem and they have been said to have an inflammed follicle in the pubic region, the only problem here is that i don't shave my pubic hair, i only trim it.

any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated as i'm starting to worry about it! thanks.
19 Responses
How long has this bump been there?  I am not necessarily saying that it is an ingrown hair, but I thought I would mention that you do not have to shave a region to develop ingrown hairs.  Hairs will grow for awhile and then fall out on their own and grow back (that is why your pubic hair and body hair does not grow beyond a certain length).  A new hair can become ingrown just like a shaved hair can, although it happens less frequently.
it's been there for about 3 - 4 days now. maybe it is just a pimple? i'm thinking that because earlier today i pressed on it and a bit of white liquidy puss-like stuff came out.
sounds like an ingrown hair. there is a solution i buy called tend skin and it is for just that ingrown hairs.
thanks for the replies, i've never heard of tend skin; not sure if it's available in australia. maybe there's a different brand of the same thing here.
I have the same problem too, i scratched at it, and only a little blood came out, and it got slightly smaller. I have had about 3 in 3 months, one comes after another. Is this an STD, can anything be done? thanks
Can someone please help? One of my bumps just swelled up over night, which is kind of scaring me, its never done this before....
Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1562368567
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498589250
Indore, India
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Sean Cummings discusses which available erectile dysfunction treatments may have the best outcome for you
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
10 prostate cancer misconceptions debunked.