Aa
A
A
A
Close
Men's Health Community
13.9k Members

Small white patch on head of the penis

Not painful, itchy, raised or wash off but I have noticed a patch of discolouration on the head of my penis in the past week. It looks like its under the skin of the head of my penis.
2 Responses
15695260 tn?1549593113
Hello and welcome to the forum.  Getting checked out by your doctor is the best way to go about handling this.  And at that time, you can ask them about Fordyce spots.  Based on your description, that sounds like the most likely cause.  It could be other things, most of which are harmless.  Here's a list to look at: https://www.healthline.com/health/mens-health/white-spots-on-foreskin#fordyce-spots.  
2 Comments
Not fordyce spots. Not raised and on penis head not foreskin.
Okay, normally the head of the penis as you reference is associated with the foreskin. The article had other possibilities as well.  However, please note only a doctor that examines it will be able to fully answer you.  
207091 tn?1337709493
It could be a fungal infection, balanitis, or really, as Sarah said, many other things. The only way to know is to let a doctor see it. I know it's frustrating and you want us to tell you, but no one can diagnose you online. This may require some testing, and at the very minimum, it requires a doctor to examine you in person.

I doubt it's an STD, if that's a concern.

Let us know what happens.
Have an Answer?
Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1562364967
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498585650
Indore, India
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Sean Cummings discusses which available erectile dysfunction treatments may have the best outcome for you
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
10 prostate cancer misconceptions debunked.