Avatar universal

Strange cluster of bumps on penis shaft?

I have this strange cluster of bumps on my penis shaft and I'm not sure what it is.  I'm assuming it's yeast or some fungal infection. My doctor tested std's and there's nothing there.  It's been more than 12 years since I had any sex anyway but I did receive oral sex 2 years ago.  It was brief.  

Does this look like STD's or something else?  I get frequent infections from what I believe is yeast or something like that.  I have also used several creams like Kenacomb cream, antibiotic cream, clotrimazole, butenifine, terbinifine, but nothing seems to make it go away.  

Any clues as to what it is.  The picture looks like the bumps are white but they are actually the color of the skin.  It's not spreading and the bumps are shiny.  They are not sore either.  There seems to be a little trail of them as you can see.. See the photo on my profile.

I was hoping somebody could help me identify this?  Thanks
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
20620809 tn?1504362969
Would say that since you've talked to your doctor about std's you can rule that out.  Especially since your only exposure was oral two years ago.  STD's are not the problem.  I'd see a dermatologist---  psoriasis can happen on the penis.  It looks like what you describe.  Go to a derm for diagnosis.
Helpful - 0
They are probably Fordyce spots.  They haven't changed in 7 months since I noticed them.  They just stay the same small cluster of bumps.  The seem to follow a skin fold on the underside of the shaft.  That's why I think they could be Fordyce spots.  
Here is a picture.  There seems to be a line of them coming away from this cluster.   There is still not change in them. The image is here.  Could someone suggest what these look like even? https://imgur.com/a/ntZ5zKF
Avatar universal
Seems nobody is going to answer me, I though I would put something out there!!

Lichen Nitidus  seems to be the closest thing.  Or Fordyce Spots.  I'm pretty sure this is not an STD for reasons mentioned above.   Also, given the fact that it isn't warts (not fleshy like and hasn't changed) in getting on 8 months now, it must be dermatological.      Can anyone shed some light on this??

Again, here's a link to the picture.  It seems to follow a skin fold on the underside of my penis.
It does not hurt.  
The bumps are skin colored and shiny.

I can really only see them when I stretch out the skin (because they are so small).  They could have been there for years.

Can anyone help?


Helpful - 0
20620809 tn?1504362969
I do not look at pictures of penises.  As I said before, it is time to get it looked at by a qualified dermatologist.  It IS probably Fordyce spots as you stated and nothing to worry about or have seen.  What is concerning is your reluctance to see a doctor. They are likely no big deal.
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
What is strange here is that you know I have had std tests but you still assume I haven't seen a doctor???
I've seen 7 doctors now, and nobody can help.   So I come to a forum for some opinions and someone tells me to go back to the doctor.   Why do you even view this forum?
Helpful - 0
20620809 tn?1504362969
You didn't state you've been to 7 doctors.  You mentioned your doctor testing for std's but you'd haven't had sex for 12 years and oral two years ago.  That didn't necessarily compute to visiting 7 doctors including a dermatologist. And I guess my point is that if it is yeast, something fungal as you suspect, that can be diagnosed.   The 7 doctors have offered you no explanation for the bumps?  I go back to the idea it could be psoriasis.  
People here just try to help and I'm one of those people.  
Helpful - 0
If you have bumps that numerous doctors can't figure out, that's a difficult situation.  The good thing is that other than how they look and that they bug you, they aren't causing you difficulty.  I'll leave your post to see if others can help you and I wish you the best of luck at solving the mystery of the spots.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Men's Health Community

Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1562364967
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498585650
Indore, India
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.