Avatar universal

The head of my penis is sore please help!

So I’m a 17 year old boy and the head of my penis underneath the foreskin is quite sensitive and sore. There is also a purplish red ring around the rim of penis (underneath the foreskin still) that is very sore to touch.
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
Have you had risky sex recently?  If no then I would treat this like a rash or skin irritation.  Make sure the area is cleaned gently and dry.  You may try skin ointment with Cortisone that is designed for sensitive skin maybe something from the baby aisle.  Per WebMD.  This medication is used to treat a variety of skin conditions (e.g., insect bites, poison oak/ivy, eczema, dermatitis, allergies, rash, itching of the outer female genitals, anal itching). Hydrocortisone reduces the swelling, itching, and redness that can occur in these types of conditions. This medication is a mild corticosteroid.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Men's Health Community

Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1562364967
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498585650
Indore, India
Avatar universal
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.