Men's Health Community

Too much porn = total lost of libido?

I'm 25 and I was single for a few months. And lately I've been watching a lot of porn. I was only masturbating with porn. At least 1 time each day, for a long time. Now I've meet this incredibly attractive women, and we are starting a relationship.

But I can't get it up anymore!!!!!! I just can't!! I've stoped the porn for almost 1 week and I can't even get it up (with her OR without her) I just have no more libido at all. I'm just not exited at all with I guest "regular real sex".

We did not (yet) tryed to have sex but we fooled around a lot and I didn't even get horny at all. Don't have to say that It didn't got hard too.

I had a girlfriend for 4 years and never had such problem (i wasn't looking at porn very much though)

Now I'm so afraid to tell her I can't get it up!! And how can I get my libido back??? I realy find her attractive and want to have sex with her sooooo bad.

Pleaaaaaaaaaaase I need helpppppp soo much!!!!

What can I do to get my libido, and in the same time my erections, back??
(I've stoped to watch that damn porn for good don't worry!!!)

God I'm so ambarassed, and don't want to loose her.

Thank you verry much!!
It is a great sign that you rather dump all the porn than wanting her to turn into a porn star. And it is quite clear that you want her so much that anxiety is written all over you. Take your time to get to know her, try to experience other exciting adventures together that will connect you, just make sure you feel close for other reasons than sex. That way she may stick around long enough and you will feel more at ease to re-discover your old self. Porn can do that to you. I watched a few ones in my life and it does take away that certain innocence that one needs want to explore a new partner. Also, before I met my husband, I had been abstinent for over a year and I simply had to tell him "Hey, I really forgot how to do this." He felt flattered to help me remember. Maybe you can be straight forward like this, too. Caution, though, this is female advice...Your buddies may rather suggest Viagra to overcome the first hurdle....
Your lack of drive may be attributed to many factors, ie. mental, health, diet, ect.  You should speak to your doc about possible causes, have a CBC done to check for deficiencies in testosterone or other factors.  He may be able to provide you with a supplement for the time being.  If you dont want to do that and want to increase your sex drive, try taking some natural testosterone boosters like tribulus or horny goat weed, they might help.  A product called argin-max may work, although people have mixed results from the product.  I am a gym nut and have taken diesel test 2010 for increased test boost and it shot my sex drive through the roof.  You might want to give it a try.  Good luck.
I'm going through the exact same thing man, it really does suck. I see you guys recommend not watching porn anymore, but I was wondering what is considered porn? Anything that you can masturbate to(pictures of women, anything not involving sex, but involving sexy women, etc...) or is it only when there is sex going on?
To define porn is a challenge. Never mind pretty pictures that leave some room for imagination. I would just be careful about watching real sex movies. They can be so silly and detached and even violent that you may not be able to wipe these images out of your mind in real life. Or we compare ourselves with actors and their appearance and question ourselves. After all, most of us have developed their way of getting intimate and their desires from experience with just ourselves plus partner and little feedback or instructions. If we are suddenly confronted with other people`s intimacy, we can not help but compare.
You're going throught the same thing?

God I was always able to get it up all the time. Even sometimes just kissing my ex girfriend was turning me on. I went a few months without real sex and masturbating with porn and now I'm now that I'm dating that super hot women I'm not even able to have a f*cking erection!! God its so ambarassing... I would love to have sex with her but I just don't get turned on.

I thought at first it was maybe the stress or the pressure I was putting on myselft, but now it's been 2 weeks since I see this girl and that I've stoped the porn and masturbating. Still... nothing. I don't even get it up on my own! I don't even want to masturbate anymore. Its just like I've lost anything that had to do with sex drive. It's killing me! When I'm with bed with her its geting me crazy.

And don't know what to do anymore. I went to buy those Tribulus and I'm starting tonight, I'll see if its gonna be helpful. I have to call my doctor back. I called him last week, and he told me he was pretty sure it was just the anxiety and that it would go away by itself, but it does not. Its not even getting better.

I can't believe I went to that guy who's always turned on and always hard to being completely off.

I'm starting to freak out.
You're going throught the same thing?

I'm starting to freak out.