Too much porn/masturbation cause ED?

Hi I m a 28 year old and suffer some degree of ED in recent. I start masturbated since I m 19 and usually use porn as a form of visual stimiulation. I have observed that I have lost the ability to maintain erect during intercource or I only get weak erection. My question is: does masturbation in association with porn will "exhaust" my interest towards sex and create a negative impact on my ability to get aroused in real sex? I m worried cause I think I m still young to have physical cause  for ED. Any thought?
I actually started to look at porn around the time this thread was started, and after reading some of these thoughts and ideas, I wish i would have looked here sooner, I'm currently 15, and last year my friends and a couple of other guys were talking about stuff kind of like this, one of my friends said, "I had just finished jacking off, and then my girlfriend offered my a ********, except I couldn't get a boner." I laughed at it at the time, but recently my girlfriend offered me the same thing, guessed what happened... that's right, I couldn't get a boner, it wasn't that I didn't find her sexually attractive, I think the main problem for me was that I was looking at way to much porn, since finding this thread though I have made a little promise to myself not to look at porn again. In reality I was coming to similar conclusions myself considering that I could wack off to pictures of girls just doing erotic stuff before, in the 3 or 4 years I've been masturbating my sex drive has gone down tremendously and I sometimes have a problem keeping an erection. I actually went to my church last year and decided to tell them this during confession, but it didn't really help, they basically yelled at me for doing and told me I had serious issues, without actually explaining to me why it was bad (the told me it leads away from real relationships, and left it at that.) I didn't seek any help after hearing this because the media, and all my friends said it was normal and everybody does it, so I felt as if I didn't have a lot to worry about. After reading this though, I just hope it's not to late for me to still "recover."
Pocketfours, My problem is extremely similiar to yours. I need your help (very seriously). If you email me your email address at ***@**** so I could talk to you. I would be very appreciative. I really need the help of someone like you. I started to do what you have suggested. It's been exactly 3 days without MB and P. I have also started taking a multivitiamin. NSI Synergy 3000® Multi-Vitamin Version 11. It seems to have everything that is deemed necessary including a high concentration of b vitamins. I'm also thinking of taking red korean ginseng, as you do advise that ginseng may be of some assistance.
It seems in my prior post the email address was censored. Here it is ejrussellpoint at gmail com . Thanks
Finally somewhere I can actually admit this

I have been a porn addict and I have been masturbating upto 4 times a day in the recent times. I am 27 now and I think I have been masturbating since I was 14. I have met the love of my life and the first time I attempted to be intimate with her I could not maintain an erection which since then has been causing me significant anxiety. I then realised I cant even get stimulated by porn anymore.

Has anyone else been in this same situation before?

After reading all this I definitely will be kicking the porn and the masturbation habit cold turkey. I guess I really do want to know if there could be any permanent repercussions with my actions in the past.
The vitamins do help, they help provide energy and such, and also help your body replenish itself both physically and mentally, but there not the end all.

You have to be truely commited to stopping this thing. You see i had a period of 2 weeks abstinence a couple weeks ago, after that things were good.... however i went into MB with P again, i did it like 10 times in a one week period, and then i went back to having a lethargic libido again. I think a big problem is that people don't want to give up the P and MB, but if you can just break through you will find things are much better on the other side.

I just keep telling myself, that even though P and MB give me pleasure, it can't compare to what a women can give me, to having relationships with women. Thats huge motivation.

Again my best advice, stop all MB for at least 2-3 weeks, leave the porn away forever. Also don't spend your time fantasizing all day, give your mind a bit of a break. the only time i check my sex drive is if i see a women, i look and see how things are progressing. Other than that i don't fantasize for the time being. Your mind will reset itself.
Ohh and don't ever look at old porn and such to see how your progressing, it doesn't work, your just providing your brain with that same high you would normally get. Remember the goal is to get aroused again by real women, not porn women.

While you stop don't get frustrated, this is a not so fun part and alot of people struggle with it. There is a period where you won't be able to get aroused by anything. People that have recovered have said the same thing. This period can last anywhere from 2 weeks, to maybe 4-6 weeks. I don't know why it happens, but i guess its sort of like the mind transitioning itself back to its old ways, its not going to happen in a day, but eventually it will get to that point. I myself noticed all of a sudden after 3 weeks of having no libido, it shot through the roof outta nowhere. So it will come back you just have to be patient, stick to your recovery and don't get discouraged.

Eventually it will be ok to MB again (to your imagination), but i plan to eventually do that once or twice a week, and save the rest for the real thing. And leave the Porn alone. Dont get frustrated, let things come to you.
I stopped MB and P on June 28 7:30 am. It has been eight days. Again I'm continuing with taking a complete vitamin that Ive mentioned before. Yesterday, I ve started taking tongkat ali - from sumatra pasak bumi - you guys can look it up on google. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I have always had problems with erections. I've been to many urologists, and also psychiatrist and a psychologist. One of the urologists was the Dr. Irwin Goldstein. At that time he was in boston, now he is in san francisco. He ran a series of tests. I don't remember exactly all the names as it was about 8-9 years ago. It was basically with the use of aprodastil injections in to the penis. My penis then became erect and he tested for the pressure that is in my penis and the blood flow. He told me everything was normal. All the other doctors have told me everything is normal. I had a doppler test also back then in NY. Also all normal. I'm 32 and have been masturbating since I was about 13-14 not sure exactly. I had a condition called phimosis. Where the head of the penis would not exit through the foreskin. I didnt really even know that it was suppose to. My erections were never hard. I remember I use to for a lack of a better term simply hump the bed ( this is not the best way to masturbate since it puts an unrealistic amount pressure on your penis, that would normally not happen with a woman, this would make you need alot more sensation then a woman can offer you and you will simply go limp even if you are able to get it up). At 19 being a virgin I tried sex with my girlfriend. I couldn't get it up. We tried for hours. We also tried something like on 5 different occasions. I couldn't perform. Thats when I realized I had a problem. It was clear I could not get an erection. I seeked help. I had a series of tests and the doctor advised me to have a circumcision at I believe 20 or 21. At that age I stopped humping the bed and used my hand because from that point I think that my sensitivity dropped. I think circumcision may not be the best ideas. Either way I always had trouble achieving erections, whether circumcised or not. I didnt really even understand what being hard really was suppose to be. I rarely if ever was really hard. I never had a wet dream even up to now (this is probably because of my severe masturbation habit). I also rarely rarely ever have any spontaneous erections. Also very rarely ever wake up with an erection.( all this probably due to masturbation and my body being satisified and the penis does not needing to stand up) It was mostly like either limp or slightly hard and then quickly limp. I continued to have this problem, and that's what brings me to the point from which I started where I said I saw a multitude of doctors and they all said I was normal and that it was in my head. Which it probably is.
Ive tried cialis, levitra, and viagra. Tongkat ali also I believe boosts your libido, but only the one from indonesia, not the fakes that are around. I once tried tongkat ali for about 3 days, arginine pyroglumate for 3 days then took 20 mg of cialis. The next mourning I woke up with priapism. My erection would not go down for 2 hours. I got very scared. Because I know after 4 hours you need to seek medical help. I masturbated and ejaculated, but it still did not go down. After I tried to meditate and after another 30 minutes I was able to get it down. This was the only time I was able to keep it up like this. At all other times I can't even really get it hard, it is usually just limp, hard a little and then limp. I remember only a few times in my life where I was able to get it really hard but there wasnt a girl around. I think I have babbled enough going from idea to idea, but in general conclusion. I think porn along with masturbation has created the bulk of the problem. I've masturbating for something like 18 years. and watching porn probably for close to that maybe 15 years. With the internet watching porn because alot more rempant. I most always masturbated at least once per day, usually twice and sometimes as high as five times. Almost always with porn. Looking at this logically, it is clear that seeing 1000 naked women (professionals) in different positions and every imaginable sexual act with different fetishes , different shapes, sizes, etc. would certainly desensitize you to simply having one average girl in front of you. Using your hand instead of a females vagina, simply puts too much pressure, with very acurate placement on the penis(your so called male g spot) and perfect rhythm. A woman can not duplicate this. With this scenario. It being my scenario. It seems that erections would be almost impossible.

The only possible solution is to follow what pocketfours is saying plus I have a few things to add

--go to a doctor, run tests and make sure the plumbing is working fine. meaning veins, arteries, no leakages and so worth. Make sure the problem is mental.

Now the hopeful solution,

1 No porn ever. Forget it exists, do not go strip clubs, do not anything that would not normally be present in a one on one situation with a girl.
2 No masturbation for a long time - perhaps 4 months.
3 Afterwards, If you are to masturbate do not use your hand, use this gadget called a fleshlight, it sort of mocks what a vagina would feel like, no where close to the tightness your hand gives off. If dont have this gadget then use a sock and wrap it around your penis. No way you should use your hand, the grip is way too tight.
4. take complete vitamins ( synergy version 11 is good), tongkat ali (sumatra pasak bumi, you dont have to buy from them, you can buy from a US distributor of theirs, look on ebay, find ones that sell only sumatra pasak bumi, there are also a couple which claim that they sell from sumatra but dont), maybe take arginine pyroglumate to produce more nitric oxide.

Well this is my plan. I will keep everyone informed as to how I'm progressing. Wish me luck. I'm very depressed about this problem it is keeping from living a normal life.
I wanted to add one thing. I would like pocketfours to confirm

You should only start masturbating once a week or once every two weeks, when you are waking up with a nice solid erection every day and also are getting at least one or more sponteounous erections during the day, but either fantasy or seeing an average girl on the street. If not, then your body and brain is not cured and you should continue abstaining from masturbation until this point.

POCKETFOURS PLEASE CONFIRM THIS.
spelling correction

You should only start masturbating once a week or once every two weeks, when you are waking up with a nice solid erection every day and also are getting at least one or more sponteounous erections during the day, by either fantasy or seeing an average girl on the street. If not, then your body and brain is not cured and you should continue abstaining from masturbation until this point.

POCKETFOURS PLEASE CONFIRM THIS.
This is SOOO interesting the way guy's minds work VS women's minds. As a women I find the more I watch porn the more boring porn is to me and I yearn for the real thing. How do you get turned on to porn when there's no emotion no passion? Just a bunch of bad actors. If you men only knew what a real orgasm looked like then you could probably tell the difference.
Pocketfours, I also have another question for you. After someone is "cured". How often can they have sex, or how do you recommend them having sex. I guess basically I'm asking how often are you able to after being cured. Once a day, Once a week, Once a month?
This is happening to me also, but it kinda made me go crazy, i thought i was gay ( of course i was not) i  masturbate 3 or 4 times a day since i was 8 yes 8 and im 27. and it takes me like 4 minutes to get an erection ( when it used to be almost instantaneous), thanks for posting this question i wish i would have seen this earlier im going to lay of the porn and the self serving.
Yes i believe its ok to start having sex after you recover, but i can't say how that fully effects one longterm. My plan has been for the time being to save my ejacuations for sex only, if thats 5 times a week then fine, if its only 2 then so be it. I intend to stay the course like this for at least a couple more months.

As far as MB, i'll still eventually do it, but only like once, maybe twice a week and with no porn.

Remember this is a physical and mental thing. You have to allow your body to heal, give it a couple weeks. Things will start to turn around, i'm telling you it comes out of nowhere. Youll be back, but advice, don't fall back into the Porn, and don't fall back into over masturbating. I have gotten to the point i'm at now once or twice before, but always messed it up, cause i went back to MB 12 times a week again. i'm not gonna let that happen again.

My suggestions -

- Give the body a break for at least 3-4 weeks.
- Nutrition, Vitamins, and Proper sleep

The only thing i can't seem to understand is that both times i recovered, after my initial break of a couple weeks something kind of jumpstarted me. Like for example seeing a naked body. Almost like i shut down my sex drive for a little, and then needed something to get it going once again, and then all of a sudden i was fine after that. Again almost out of nowhere the brain just reset itself.

If you wanna read more things like i have, in google type in "to much porn libido". Theres another medhelp post with some guys who have recovered. Actually at the bottom of this page theres a bunch of them as well. Read through them, especially the ones with 20 or more posts. And also a thread on topix, look through that, it comes up on the google search as well.
i recently got married a few weeks ago; i am 24 and my husband is 33. i've known for quite a while that my husband has this same issue. he can MB by himself and watch porn and get off, but yet he cant seem to do it with me. I know that i am a very attractive person and before i got married, had many men wanting to be with me. I have a VERY  high sex drive, but yet since i have been with my husband it seems like i feel actually like we cant have sex, unless he goes and buys pills to help him out. which i think is ridiculous! If he can watch porn and do it without porn; it seems like recently, then why is it so hard for him to get it up when it comes to me. it breaks my heart, and ITS NOT FAIR!! i have no choice but to sit around and wait for weeks, most of the time for him to decide he is ready to spend a lot of money on these crazy pills just so we can have sex so i can get mine, and again when he is ready, but yet when he decides he wants to get his, he just jerks off. Its really disturbing. It really hurts my feelings and makes me feel useless. Especially knowing when we first met i could have sex 3 times a day with no problem. He turns me on very much and i really would love to have a sex life with my husband, and we have had these conversations over and over but he still would rather "do it himself". Its starting to really **** me off.  It kind of turns me off, just to know that my husband has to go to the sex store to buy pills just to make his penis work for me. I'm tired of talking about it, and i;m tired of crying over it...but i dont know how to react anymore. I would never cheat on him, bc i'm just not that kind of person, but damn, there are a lot of guys out there that sure wouldnt have a problem having sex with me, so why does he have such a problem with it?? I need some advise please......
I'm 24 years old and used to have a porn addiction.  I have not watched porn now for 60 days now and I feel like a new person.  Porn definitely made me less attracted to women and it had prevented me from pursuing relationships and sex with women.  Thing is you need to stop porn completely as 9 months ago I stopped, but I'd relapse every month after I'd get stoned for some reason and then I'd be back to square one.  Now I plan to abstain from porn for the rest of my life and weed as well as it makes me want to masturbate to porn.  

Another problem that has not been addressed in this website is that porn not only makes you less attracted to women and reduce your sexual performance.  It also causes damage to your prefrontal cortex like any drug addiction and increase the size of your limbic system, so essentially it transforms your brain to the brain of an addict.  Maybe not as bad as a cocaine addict, but pretty damn close.  I can attest to this as I did behave as a drug addict during my addiction, which lasted several years and my family members could see that I wasn't the same person.

Now, that I've begun to exercise and meditate frequently and have gotten in good shape, my self esteem and confidence is through the roof.  I'm glad I found about it now and not in the future where I could of lost valuable years of my life.  I'm happy I wasn't in a relationship with a woman when I was addicted to porn as I would of caused emotional harm to her in the process.  Now that I'm free from porn addiction, I can now pursue women without any guilt.  Now the hard part is convincing a friend of mine to quit.
Hi everyone. I'm back to tell you my progress. It has been over 18 days now. I have not ejaculated or looked at porn. I have played with myself on a good number of occasions, by touching my penis with my hand and trying to get an erection. I have been able to get pretty good erections, but not the level I would like. The erections also did not last long, like 15 seconds. I always stopped short of ejaculation because I dont want to spoil my hormone and neurotransmitter levels. Today while taking a sh*t(for lack of a better term). I had some yellowish discharge from my penis, suddenly. It looked like ***, but I don't really know exactly what it was and it wasn't plentiful, like when I ***, plus I wasn't doing anything sexual.

So, I'm continuing abstaining from porn and ejaculation for now. I'm also hoping to refrain from touching myself. I think this is what is keeping me from getting spontenous erections, during the day. I haven't really gotten any. Also I have not woken up with an erection either. Not even one day during this period.

Moreover, I feel like a have to pee, but I don't. This is the accumulation of sperm(***). This happens especially when I'm using Tongkat Ali- like on the third day of a cycle where I was taking  it for 5 days and  not taking  for 3 days. This is my body telling me I have to ejaculate, But I will not. I'm waiting for a period where I can get solid erections when I wake up and perhaps at least one spontenous erection during the day. I think this will signal that I'm ready to move on to the next step. This step would be to attempt penetrating a woman.

POCKETFOURS or anyone else. please tell me does touching oneself still count as masturbation and harms my recovery?

I think it does, so I'm hoping to stop this behavior also. I want to get to a point where I can get nice solid erections, without using my hands. I think this will be the point of full recovery. Which I don't know when this would happen. I've had this problem for so long, that I probably need something like 4 months, doing nothing - no porn , no MB, no touching.

Overall, I'm still frustrated, but my erections are better. It use to be when I was MBing on a regular basis ( 1 to 5 times per day). I had major problems getting an erection. This problem was present almost all the time. I would work my hand unreasonably fast and hard ( no way a vagina or even a woman giving you a handjob would compare), with internet porn in front of me, tons of nude women, all shapes, sizes, colors, fetishes, etc. With all this I still couldn't get an erection.

Today I took all my clothes off, completely. Got on the bed face up, and stroked myself somewhat lightly to medium. I did this 3 times today - mourning, afternoon and towards the evening. I again did not ejaculate. I was able to get an erection each time, but it was not very solid for long, and when it was it did not last long  - like 15 seconds maybe a bit more. However I was able to keep it up for stretches of 4-5 minutes by very light and brief stroking. This happened all three times. Now this progress isn't exactly sufficient for sex, but it is a long way from where I was 18 days ago.

18 days ago I couldn't even get an erection with porn present and very hard stroking. I must say this regime seems to be improving my condition. Thanks to Pocketfours.

Now, again I'm looking to be a able to get an erection without the use of my hands. I must say that at the beginning I was not using my hands and in the first week I was able to get a few very short lived sponteounous erections-- like 1-2 seconds. So I would certainly have to say that touching myself is hurting my recovery. I would like Pocketfours or anyone to chime in on this one. Perhaps, answer whether it is or not.

Thanks for listening and I will keep everyone updated.
One more thing it seems that they censored one word. where it says *** it my last post. It is the word come- but spelled differently of course.
This is what happens when you listen to stupid idiots on internet forums.

Dude, masturbate, its OK.  The effects of masterbation ware off in about 15 minutes.

If you have ED problems it is a COMPLETELY UNRELATED ISSUE to masturbation.

Within 24 hours or a good night of sleep, your libido will be absolutely at 100% regardless of the last time you climaxed if you are a healthy male.  If you have a serious problem, and not just that you are trying to bone someone who you are not attracted to, then you need to see a doctor.  But the general rule of thumb is "practice makes perfect".
Believe me. Masturbation and porn, together or apart are a very serious issue. You might be talking about it not affecting you. It is just like everything else. Some people are allergic to a particular food, others can eat plates full of it. Some people can drink alcohol socially and not have a problem, others become alcoholics. There are different scenarios. If you can get your penis up on demand, then clearly you dont have the problem. If you masturbate alot and watch port alot and it doesnt affect you. I'm glad. But believe me after having my hand around my johnson for years, it certainly causes problems. No way a woman's vagina can compare. The tens of thousands of nude woman on the internet, compared to one regular naked girl. Again no way it is similiar. The whole point of arousal is that you are stimulated by something that is extra ordinary. You don't usually see a naked girl all day, so when you see one your johnson stands up. However, if you watch porn, then that is not the case. You actually do see a naked girl all day. And they are professionals that look alot better than the girls you will meet. Do you think that really ordinary one girl will cause an erection after years of seeing naked woman on the net? I hope she does, but it effects everyone differently. And when you finally get it up, your johnson will not feel anything, from over masturbating and having your down there.

I didnt want to argue I just wanted to set the record straight. Just look at the whole thing logically. If you are super duper over stimulated. Do you think that when the time comes for real sex, that you will be aroused. I hope so, but that is not the case for everyone. Take care for now
what you said was brilliant! (ejp78)
people really do need to realise that for some it is a really big problem and we are all very different people, who react very differently  to different things....

i wish i could understand what is wrong with my gorgeous boyfriend, i love him so very very much, more than i love myself and we have a very close relationship, he is truly my best friend....

but our sex life at the moment really is utter crap!

we've been together for just coming up to 2 and a half years and i am 20 years old, he is 21. I was the first girl he had slept with when we got together, me having been with 8 as i started having boyfriends at a young age and just generally have enjoyed having sex........ I think that was quite intimidating for him, but we soon got to sheer brilliance, what can i say im a good teacher... things were great sexuallllyyy!!!!

then i went to uni, but whenever we did see eachother it was pretty intense, but i think this must have been when he started to use porn more and more as we would only see eachother about 3 or 2 nigghts a week :( and i moved away for uni from our area

i got quite upset with him about using porn as i felt it was cheap and degrading and pointless and unreal, i wanted him to save himself for me, but as ive gotten a bit older i do understand that bit more, although i will never quite agree with it!
but our sex life has slowly got worse and worse and have had sex about 5 times in the last 2 and half months!!! we dont really talk about it too much, well i do, but he doesnt feel comfortable about it, he doesnt really understand it himself and gets angry and annoyed, so just doesnt bother to try...
the last time we were getting it on messing around, but as soon as i put the condom on him and he tried to  enter me he went soft and i really do not understand!
i hadnt thought his porn consumption had gotten very high, he definitely isnt doing even an hour a day, barely even everyday,,, but maybe i do not know the truth?

it is porn? what is he doing in his spare time?... b ut the thing is, if hes not at work then he is with me... so whats going wrong... one of the other times he 'went soft' whilst sex i asked him if he had thought about going soft and he said yes, which i new thinking about it would be enough to discourage him and loose it
the thing is when he is drunk he doesnt have this problem! its beautifully hard haha, so maybe he should just get drunk all the time.... that is a joke... and really not the answer!
the thing is i have a nice sex drive, and especially now imback from uni, i wanna have sex every day! and this really isnt working!!!!! im getting bored of trying it on with him now, as he really doesnt seem very interested and is slowly loosing all drive (he is ) i've allways had a higher sex drive than him, but lately its just getting desperate....i miss doing it several time in the day"??!!!! WHAT IS THE CULPRIT!? i've even  thought about cheating as i know many guys who would satisfy me....everything is perfect but the sex..... and me who was so against porn, watched some lesbian action the other day as was so horny!>?! can you believe it... i really dont wanna have to resort to what i think is problem of my relationship to feel pleasure, i want the reall thing!
WHAT SHALL I DO...grrrrrr
im starting to actually think it is me, over the last 6 months i have dropped 2 dress sizes and no longer have the massive boobs i used to, i still have big-ish boobs and he says he loves them, i just have a nice flat stomach not and toned legs, but i know he like his girls a little biggish--which i find very strange!! is this it??? maybe he just doesnt actually find me attractive anymore?......
I doubt the problem is you. Most women think that sex is more emotional for them then it is for the man. It is actually the other way around. If a man has some emotional problem he simply can't perform. This problem may be low self esteem, poor self image, not being attracted to the girl( I doubt that's what it is), what his mother did to him, and of course being over stimulated by lots and lots of masturbation and porn. There are tons of reasons what it could be. He may not even know the reason consciously, only sub consciously. For example he may be intimidated that you have had more sexual partners than him. He has only had 1, you had 8. So he doesn't feel like a man. It might seem funny but it might be the reason. He may have been thinking about this all along, and now has come to some conclusion, that is affecting him emotionally. This problem is definitely emotional and in his head, since you said he has performed fine in the past. Perhaps you have had some conversations about whatever that got him thinking and that's all it takes. It could be any reason. He should definitely stop the porn to begin with. Show him this thread and let him see what it does. If that doesn't convince him. It will eventually, perhaps several years down the road when he is having all sorts of problems. Porn certainly affects your brain, I think there is no way around it. Our ancestors thousands of years ago, were perhaps exposed to as much nudity their whole lives, as a man can see in several hours surfing the internet. There is no way porn is safe, if you want to remain healthy be able to get an erection. As far as masturbation, (this being another culprit), he doesn't really need to masturbate since you are there and again this will affect him very poorly in the future. Just tell him all this. And if he has been using porn and masturbating, just wait a month after he stops, this way there will be less of a chance of failure. If you try right away the porn is fresh in his mind.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.