A
A
A
Close
Men's Health Community
13.5k Members

Ulnar nerve subluxation.

Hi,

I went to the gym last week and trained chest and triceps. No sudden injuries were  noticed at the time until the next day I noticed when flexing my left arm around 90% i felt a popping sensation, uncomfortable but not painful.

The next day I was lifting furniture, following day I had a tingling little finger and ring finger. I went to the doctor was ordered to get an ultrasound two days later. The next day I had insane burning sensation through my arm after flexing it, went to ED and was told I had ulnar nerve entrapment and still to get the ultrasound.

Ultrasound showed I had ulnar nerve subluxation (the ulnar nerve when flexed pops over the medial bone). I went to a physio and they said there was a lot of fluid and as I had no sudden injury they believe it may be the fluid causing it and to just rest.

A week later I still have tingling and i'm not getting anywhere.. I have searched the internet and there is not much information on it at all and everyone refers to having to get surgery.

Mine is not a serious case just causes discomfort and my fingers tingling randomly, I want this fixed.

Has anyone had this in the past and fixed it without surgery? Would anyone reccomend me to keep seeing my physio or perhaps go to a chiropractor or someone else?
1 Responses
Hi,
   I suppose, you would have hurt your elbow due to a bit of over exercising. I would suggest you to go back to your physio for further treatment, may require some heat and balm application and massaging before it fully subsides.

Solace

Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1562368567
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498589250
Indore, India
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Sean Cummings discusses which available erectile dysfunction treatments may have the best outcome for you
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
10 prostate cancer misconceptions debunked.