Men's Health Community

WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU STOP MASTURBATING

as mentioned what happens if you just don't masturbate?

do your testies get bigger?

i have only ever had one wet dream and i have gone 4 weeks without a pull..... what happens if you just don't wank

does anyone not wank?

i usually do it at least twice a day
According to Spud in Irvine Welsh's infamous "Trainspotting", "I've got balls like ***** watermelons, man," yes they do increase in size if you abstain long enough, but I don't know how exaggerated this is.

Once after I thought I had injured my penis and was waiting to go to the urologist I did stop masturbating for a few days, and after about two days I woke up in the morning so horny, my penis was so sensitive, that I simply had to masturbate (session didn't last very long), otherwise I never would have gotten back to sleep.

I think it's just virtually impossible, or very difficult, to completely stop.  Try stopping for a few days, you'll notice the building-up of tension and sexual energy, until you won't be able to walk down the street without seeing a girl, getting an erection, and running for cover and... you get the picture...
i might give it a go, see what happens....

what happens in those religions where you can't think or act on it hmmmm a lot of frustrated people i would imagine
Yeah, giving it a go might be fun; a new kind of outlook on things for a little while, it would probably be refreshing.

Yep, abstinence is a lot to ask for from people... alot of frustrated people, as you say, and maybe alot of people sneaking off to do their business.  But who knows, maybe if they never thought about energy as sex-energy, and didn't think to relieve it, they'd be alot more productive perhaps.
pft, i'm a baaaaaad Catholic; i masturbate every day, but around the whole religious thing, i really don't care. god gave me a hand and a penis, so why not use them together? it can't possibly be as bad as rape or prostitution as a means of releaving sexual tension, right?
Have to agree with skunkcabbage31 on this one, I would think masturbation is better than rape or even STDs like HIV, it may be solo but its clean.

I have wrecked my brain for over 51 years trying to find out why I should stop masturbating, a total waste of time, I may as well have spent 51 years trying to find out why I should stop breathing.

I dont think the act of masturbating is a sin, some say its the fantasy that goes with it, gee it must be hard not to have a fantasy while doing it, ever tried walking past a pretty girl in a mini skirt, crikey we are all rotten sinners, we would not be human if we didnt have a sneaky look, if the churches think people are that tough they had better take a reality check.

As for what happens if you stop masturbating, good luck if you can do it, two hours after having a Vasectomy I made love to my wife, just wanted to make sure it still worked.

Two days after I got a Hole in the Heart repaired I was masturbating, its part of who you are.

One day after a hernia operation I was masturbating, I got turned on by the young nurse that shaved my pubic hair off.

Just try and keep away from all the filty porn that is stuffed into the internet, that will turn anyone nuts, it is designed to mess with the mind that is why folks become addicted to it, (me included) I am still recovering from that sh-t.
I think we have reached a pretty conclusive consensus on this one!!

But crazywille: how does internet porn mess up your head?  I mean, I know it messes up your computer, but I'm curious as to what you meant by that statement.  I watch alot of satellite TV porn.  Please expound.
Well newdude, for starters some folks become dependant on porn to achieve orgasm.

To much porn watching by the wrong person can lead to people cheating on their partner.

One of the worst things about porn is the viewer starts off looking at mundane stuff but after a while craves more and more obsene stuff to give them that great feeling, sooner or later they search and search for some of the outlandish **** that is not fit for human eyes, that is messing with peoples heads.

Also causes problems for some wives when husbands expect them to perform like porn queens, heaven help them..

A perfect example of what porn can do to a person was  T Bundy one of the USAs and worlds worst mass murderers, he admitted that porn started his sex crazed life, he started of by masturbating in front of girls dorm windows, from there he just went from bad to worse until he became totaly mad.

Read this to understand what I mean about messing with your head
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Bundy

Porn today is the scurge of society, with the click of a mouse children can lie about their age and look at hardcore garbage.

There are websites all over the world where folks can get help to stop porn addiction, why?, because many of them have busted relationships or are on the verge of busting up, their heads are so full of this garbage that they need help.

Yes I am one of those people, I first started looking at porn 35 years ago, way back in the 8mm movie film days, thankfully I am not that far gone that I cannot give porn away, I have been OK for quite sometime and will do all I can to help others beat the habbit.

I for one have smashed about 2 or 3 modems to stop me from going on the internet, always the same, less than one or two days later I was back looking at it again, not everyone looses control but I feel that sooner or later people start craving for more way out stuff.

Hope that helps you understand what I meant by messing with a persons head.
Interesting, crazywillie, that definitely explains something.  I can relate, maybe not to the extremism of Ted Bundy's example, but I used to look at a lot of porn, on amphetamines to boot.  That became my addiction - amphetamines and naked women.  I have since stopped, but I still don't know what that evil combination has done to my brain & physiology.  It's was super bad, in many ways, especialy the amphetamine aspect... not only was it so damn good to masturbate on speed, but I think my pleasure centres have been skewed in more ways than that, too.  Luckily I stopped in time, and can still lead a quasi-normal life with the help of exercise and NO drugs.  I still struggle though: for instance, when I listen to a song now that would make me really happy a year ago (last Christmas I was on speed all the bloody time), I break into a frustrated sweat, because of the memories that it brings; I remember how amazing that song made me feel on speed last year, and it was like I was in a different world, and I realize that I will never again feel that good, never have such a rush of endorphines or such a completely ultimate affirmation.  It makes me want to go and buy some speed, a pack of smokes and some dope, but there's a good reason why I stopped all that shite half a year ago.
Well my friend I dont know what masturbation would be like whilst taking drugs, never tried them.

Congratulations for getting off that stuff for half a year, I guess we all have different ways of getting kicks, my way has always been making love with women, still waiting for a woman that is a continual hot lover, all I have been with have been OK for a few weeks/months then it gradually got reduced, some to once a week some to Bithdays/New Years Day/Fathers Day, I guess that is part of the reason I have been married three times.

Enter masturbation, if I had not have masturbated for nearly all of my life I think I would have been a lot crazier than I am now, as previously stated my only regret was getting hooked on porn, not anymore though, I am sick of letting my dirty mind and my penis run my life, I want to take control these days, yes I still masturbate and enjoy it, thankfully when I finish these days I dont feel like a dirty grub that was hooked on porn to make some mongrel swine rich.

None of my business but I wish you well in your fight against drugs, I feel a whole lot better without porn I cant begin to imagine how you would feel to kick the drug habbit, there is only one way you can go and that is up.
Thanks, crazywillie.  I appreciate it.  Well... c'est la vie, eh?  I did what I did, it had its pros & its cons.  Que sera sera, as the wise ones will say.  I do exaggerate the long-term effects: usually I'm fine, and I was doing really well, I just experience occasional downs & nostalgic feelings which make me bitter, such as the ones I described above.  When I'm good, I'm great, and when I'm down, it stinks, but I shouldn't complain.  Things could be worse, I really ought to grow up and bite the bullet, accept my mistakes and move on... anyways, cheers pal!
its already been 9 days sins i havent masturbating and im trying to make it till one month....its prety hard though because u just cant take that hand out of ur pinus but i tried it but my record is 7 days and what happens is that u just cant hold it anymore that when u masturbate u feel it so plesures that when u eyaculte the sperms are bilt in some kind of a liquid but dense that u feel so good....se if u could try it!
yeah bu what happens if you masterbate everyday do youre kids in the future come retarded