What type of doctor does circumcisions?

I am looking to get an adult circumcision.  What type of doctor do I need to see to ask about getting a circumcision done?  Also, does anyone know if:

1) I'll be able to drive home myself right after the circumcision?

2) I'll be able to return to work the next day?
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
As far as I know a surgeon has to do the surgery BUT they won't just do it because someone wants it done. There needs to be a medical reason for it to be done.

Take Care
I believe a urologist would be better suited to perform the surgery or make the referal a the appropriate specialist who can perform a circumcision on an adult. A child's circumcision is done by their pediatrician, but things are a bit different when you are older. And yes, they will probably perform it for you, but your insurance most likely will not cover it unless there is a medical reason behind it.

Andi
Oh, and I forgot to add that when my father had his done a few years back I believe he took a few days off, but was back at work on Monday. His doc did advise him against "intentional erections" for a week to ten days.

Andi