What's the possible causes of this discoloration on the bottom of my penis head?

Hi all,
Today I got home from a study where they took a sperm sample. I used the lubricant they provided me to help, but when I got home I noticed that the entire underside of the head is red and itchy, and that the skin affected is perfectly covered up by the remnants of my foreskin. I didn't inspect the area closely this morning, so I don't know if it was there before the study. Since I got home, I gave the area a thorough wash with soap and cold water.
What I want to know is, is it likely irritation because of/an allergic reaction to the lubricant they gave me? How can I get some relief from this, or help clear it quickly? I'm seeing my PCP on Thursday already, so I'm gonna bring it up with her if it's still there. I'm T1D, but I don't know if that's relevant here.
It could easily be irritation or an allergic reaction.

If you are still having symptoms, maybe try a Benedryl or two, if you are safely able to take that.

If you know you'll be giving a sample again, bring your own lube, or ask for a different kind. Hope you feel better soon.
The Principal Investigator told me as much, and it's fading with each passing day. Thanks again for your advice!
You're welcome! Glad you're getting better. :)

You are reading content posted in the Men's Health Community