Men's Health Community

Yellow Semen

I had a wet dream last night. I was dreaming sex & I came loads in my underwear. I woke up in the middle of the night to wash myself up, however I found the color of my semen was yellow.
In fact I have been having yellow semen for the past few years (since 2010 or 11) . Initially it was just light yellow in color but sometimes now it is more brightish yellow in color.  I had a case of urinary tract infection back in 2010 & did take medications for it, following which the problems went away (UTI) . But i guess it is since around that time that I started noticing my yellow semen. Before that it was all white.

I'd like to ask if im not noticing any symptoms of UTI now, why is my semen still yellow ?? Do I have some bacteria present that has not gone away ?

Normally semen is light yellow in colour. The most common causes of yellow semen are urine, age, diet and infection. It can turn yellow or green from bacteria and pus. The consistency and color of an individual’s semen can vary depending on diet, age, and ejaculation frequency. In most cases, such changes are temporary and harmless. Foods high in sulfur can cause yellow semen. Few medications and multivitamins  may also cause the semen to turn a light yellow color.It is best to contact your doctor for more queries and advice. This is merely an advice and not a substitute for clinical examination. Hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!