Men's Health Community

hot flashes in men

Can anyone tell me what causes me to out of the blue once in a while, I get a hot feeling all over, and it is scary, like I think it is is a stroke, but a few minutes later, I am ok again, but scared that it was a bad sign that something is wrong. I asked my doc over the phone after describing the symptoms what it was, only to be told She did not know. Is there anyone here that have had this happen to them? How do I treat it if possible?
Hi there,
The common causes of hot flashes in males are andropause, thyroid disorders and aging hormones. As a man ages his body produces less testosterone and androgen which may cause hot flashes. Other causes of hot flashes are infections like HIV and tuberculosis. Use of medications like Nifedipine and Calcitonin and certain antibiotics are few other causes of hot flashes. Sometimes food containing monosodium glutamate can cause hot flashes. It is advisable to consult a physician and get evaluated. A clinical examination and work up may be extremely helpful.
Take care and best wishes!
Ive had hot flashes from 18 on albeit sporadicly. They could be quite intense. Im 33 now since Ive been treated for low testosterone I haven't had any.