Avatar universal

motorcycle accident june 2019 -excess water retention nonstop

last year I had a bad bike accident. 7 broken ribs collar bone and collapsed left lung
while I nwas in the hospital, I sterted to really puff up. my leggs swelled up badly and I didnt get anything for that as they said, itll go away after time. throughout the year, water retention is a battle. even socks around my lower shins show edema and I get water pills as of late because it feels very uncomfortable,

ive been sent to do some tests. worrying it may be kidney issues. maybe prostate. urinating can come out like a rocket or can be slow at the end but seems to never finish.

maybe some vein issues from under the shoulder area because of the broken collar bone. I have bad shocks when I work out if I lift my arm to certain angles. feels like static charge. its not specific to working out but im moving alot at the gym. when I do walks and if I move my arm in certain angles I get zapped.
I also have constant tingling in my hands like theyre falling asleep. this is since the accident.

what things can I do to remove water retension?

is white rice ok?
bread, about 6" baguette in certain meals.
tuna in water (salt)
cottage cheese (has some salt)
chicken breast
eggs (whole)
thats pretty much my diet,
calcium magnesium iron mix
I take water pills (pharmacy) furosemide 40mg and still retain water.

sometimes im walking and I feel the top of my feet have jiggle.and I have excess jiggle in my body even if I keep a low calorie diet, and do a lot of aerobics.  carbs arent the best but I dont eat much. im very accurate on amount I eat
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
207091 tn?1337709493
I wouldn't do anything until you find out if your kidneys are in full working order.

You don't eat any fruits or veggies?

Has a doctor diagnosed you with edema, or is that something you think you have?

Does your doctor know you are taking the furosemide? Does he know what your diet is?

I wouldn't do or change a thing until you find out about your kidneys. Then, depending on what they say, I would talk to my doctor about seeing a nutritionist and perhaps a counselor. You went through a really traumatic event, and you are pushing your body even when it has signs that things are wrong.

Carbs aren't all bad. We need carbs to provide energy. Some are better than others.

Also, see a doctor about your shoulder/collarbone.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Men's Health Community

Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1562364967
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498585650
Indore, India
Avatar universal
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.