Men's Health Community

red smooth bump on lower lip

what i have is similar to some of the females here, im a male 25, i have this reddish smooth bump on the corner of my lower lip. At first i thought it was just acne, i popped it, n something clear came out, a few weeks later after that it seemed to get BIGGER....so i popped it again, n its barely notisable now.I Went To An Urgent Care and they gave me something for a cold sore, its a little smaller now, but its still deir! I looked up pictures on the internet and it doesnt look like an std, but i cant help but freak out!! Plz help.
This bump can be a small cyst, hematoma, mucocele (if present on the inside of lower lip) or a benign growth of the lips. It doesn’t sound like a cold sore. In cold sores, pain, burning, tingling, or itching occurs at the infection site before the sores appear. Then clusters of blisters erupt which break down. If the bump remains then I suggest you to get it examined from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.