Aa
A
A
A
Close
Men's Health Community
13.5k Members

red smooth bump on lower lip

what i have is similar to some of the females here, im a male 25, i have this reddish smooth bump on the corner of my lower lip. At first i thought it was just acne, i popped it, n something clear came out, a few weeks later after that it seemed to get BIGGER....so i popped it again, n its barely notisable now.I Went To An Urgent Care and they gave me something for a cold sore, its a little smaller now, but its still deir! I looked up pictures on the internet and it doesnt look like an std, but i cant help but freak out!! Plz help.
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
This bump can be a small cyst, hematoma, mucocele (if present on the inside of lower lip) or a benign growth of the lips. It doesn’t sound like a cold sore. In cold sores, pain, burning, tingling, or itching occurs at the infection site before the sores appear. Then clusters of blisters erupt which break down. If the bump remains then I suggest you to get it examined from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1562368567
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498589250
Indore, India
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Sean Cummings discusses which available erectile dysfunction treatments may have the best outcome for you
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
10 prostate cancer misconceptions debunked.