Men's Health Community

shorter than average height

I cannot for the life of me understand why people have to state that some people are shorter than average.I can understand that if we were all the same the world would be very boring.To be put in groups is wrong as it is stating the obvious. Everyone knows that a man would like to be taller than his partner. I am 28 and my height is 5'1 i have a sister who is 5'3 and she is 26. I have a brother who is 30 and he is exactly my height. For some reason me and my brother take after our mother who is 5'0. Our sister takes after our dad who is 5'6.When we go out it is quite funny as we are all pretty short apparently.Even our dad is classed as shorter than average height. The thing is it is ok for women to be short as they can actually hide it by wearing high heels. My brother and i can only get away with 2 ins added on our shoes whereas our mother and sister can wear 3/5 ins.
I remember growing up and our mum used to have height charts for all of us in our rooms so our mother used to check us twice a year. and put our ages on the chart. I think while growing up my brother and i was always similar in height almost looking like twins. This used to really annoy my brother as other family members like our aunts and uncles always pointed this out. We got used to it in the end but at school we both had to endure name calling while at primary school.. At high school it was worse as my brother started 2 yearsi before me and he was used to me being around with him. The school uniform he had was made to measure as the short size still came up too big. Seeing his school pics i could really notice the height difference. He was mainly the same size as many girls in his year..At the end of the school years he was one of the shortest boys there was only 4 short boys. who were no taller than 5'3. The tallest was 6'3. For me it was exactly the same i had the younger children ask how old i was as they were taller than me.For me my friends were mostly taller than me i was usually the same height as girls. When i left school there was me and 1 chinese boy who was the shortest we had the same height mostly it was girls that was my height. Our sister had a completely different time to us at school she had loads of friends and didnt suffer like us. I know it is easier for women to accept being shorter than others but for men it is abit harder. Especially if you have to watch your younger sister et taller than you and your brother.

This discussion is related to Question on my Height.