Men's Health Community

splinter infection in hand

what to do i had a splinter in my hand and thought i got it all out but havent my hand been swollen for over a week and i would cut open and squeeze puss out i know i have a infection and its is so tender and hurts its moving up my wrist and arm and now its having red stricks my hand has an infection i went to er two days ago and they cut a little whole and squeezed some puch out and my hand still has some puss in other areas of my hand i been taking antibotics and pain medicine but nothing iss working its getting worst.what to do?
Hi Shante,Was this from a peice of wood that had been preserved with a wood chemical wood preserver, this kind of wood can be a real bugger when you get a splinter from it, prick it open with a clean needle, then you may find if you give a good squeeze the last peice of splinter will come out with the puss, just make sure you give it a second good squeeze and get some blood out, things then should just get better, its what is in the preserver, its not very good for us, next time you handle it wear gloves.
Good Luck
Sorry one last thing is either get some cayenne on the wound, or give it a good sea salt water wash, that will help as well.