Men's Health Community

worried about my health

Hi thank you for your time.
Let me start with me. I am 22 and very healthy, in a long term monogomous marriage with one child. Recently i have noticed I have semen like discharge when I have a hard bowel movement, when I strain hard. I also have some red bumps and marks on my penis. I have a small itchy lump on my anus. Me doctor has ruled out piles. I have no stds as I went for the check last week and got an all clear for HIV herpes chlamydia syphilis gonorrhoea hep b and c and something else (the name escapes me). I have been prescribed thrush cream for my anus (no good) anusol both cream and uppositories for my anus (no good) and now daktacort for my penis (which seems to be making the skin on my penis a marginal bit better). As I said i have no stds and am very active and very healthy, I have ADHD and take Ritalin. Any help is welcomed greatly
I know this may be in the wrong section, I am new to this. if anyone cant help or point me in the right direction for help, I would really appreciate that.
COMMUNITY LEADER
I'm sorry I'm just getting back to your post. Okay, so anything new is ruled out. I'm still thinking hemorrhoids. Did your Dr actually look and check the inside of your anus? I know it's a horrible thing for any man to go through.
I would also recommend aloe vera juice to help the constipation. You can buy it at any drug store and most grocery stores.
About the marks on your penis. Is there enough lubrication when you and your wife have sex? If not, you may be getting irritated. You may want to get a water based lubricant to see if this helps.  
COMMUNITY LEADER
You're in the right forum. This is Men's Health. The meds you're on may be causing the constipation. You most likely need a lot more fiber in your diet.I have heard of other men that have a semen like discharge when straining during a bowel movement. I think it's because you're pushing so hard. What is on your anus does sound like piles to me. I know your Dr ruled that out though. It sure sounds like it to me. I'm not sure about the marks on your penis. There's no chance of this being an STD since you're in a faithful marriage, plus you've been tested. Can you think of anything that might be causing this? Rubbing against your clothes, a new body or laundry soap, different condoms if you and your wife use them? Anything at all?
thank you for the reply. I have been racking my brains for a while now thinking what it could possibly be. I had a recent swab of my anus which came back with nothing. and a blood test which came back as all clear. I have been using a soap from the shop LUSH for the last year ( I keep buying the same one as it smells great) so unless it takes this long to take effect I don't think it is that. and as for my fabric softener/cleaner ect, I am allergic to some of the "brand labels" so my wife and I have been buying the same one for the last 5 years. thank you for the help so far any more help would be greatly appreciated.
no worries, I am just glad im getting assistance. the doctor did check inside yes, she said she couldn't feel anything, but she did also say that it wasn't a definite no. it seems to get itchier at night. recently I have stopped using the soap and the itching has really decreased during the day, but not completely gone. and as for the marks on the front I think that is exactly it, I got two "burn like" marks not so long ago. the doc said it was friction burns, so I got some hydrocortisone and it went away, only problem is the doctor said don't use it for that long as it will thin the skin. but I am persisting with the daktacort as it has cleared up some other "minor" skin problems. to be quite honest, I think it may be a little due to stress (i don't even know if that is possible). because everything seemed to be going wrong at once, my penis, my anus, my general skin, so I was thinking the worst, but since I had the std check, and chilled out a little things seem to slowly be getting better, (except for the anus problem). but thank you so much for the continued help. any more help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
COMMUNITY LEADER
Your Dr did not rule out hemorrhoids so you may want to give her a call and ask if you can go ahead and try some ointment to see if that helps.
Get some water based lubricant for you and your wife and hopefully that will help with the marks on your penis.
I mentioned aloe vera juice to drink for the constipation in my above comment. You can also buy it in a gel form to put on your skin. It should be fine to use on your penis because it's all natural.
I'm not sure about your body wash. If they changed the formula in anyway it could be causing you problems. You say things have gotten better since you stopped using it though.
Stress can cause some really strange symptoms, that's true. I'm glad you're feeling better.
thank you so much fro your help. the problem with the haemorrhoids is, that I have already been given anusol TWICE. the first time I went to an emergency clinic and it worked for a while, and I have just recently finished a course of anal suppositories. they helped whilst I was on them, but after it just went back to normal. the anal leakage has stopped for the last 3-4 days, so that is a huge plus.
yes stress really does mess you up, my boss is quite a monster she really is, so now im trying to avoid her at all costs so I don't get stressed.
for now like I said im carrying on with the daktacort, and breathing haha. thank you so much for all of your help.
COMMUNITY LEADER
What were the anal suppositories for? Was it for the constipation?
Once you get hemorrhoids you have them for life, unless you have them operated on. Many people have them for life and never have problems, or seldom do while others have many problems.
I'm sorry about your boss. Yes, that can be so very stressful.
You're very welcome. I'm always here if you want to talk.
Thank you. No the suppositories were for hemorrhoids. It was a set of anusol suppositories and anusol cream. Like I said it seemed to work fine when I was taking the suppositories, but when I stopped it just came back just as bad as before. The problem with my GP is she is so damn hard to get an appointment with. The other alternative is going to the walk in GP surgery. But I don't feel great about that as I know they have my "medical history" but my doctor will know all about me because I have been to her numerous times in the last 4 months. (I kinda feel like i see her more regularly than I see my parents HAHA). So it's quite a pickle of a situation at the moment.
Anusol cream and suppositories and also Proctosedyl are prescribed to shrink the piles (haemorrhoids) and also to protect them from further irritation by the faeces.

Piles can continue to be irritated and get much larger if there is constipation or diarrhea.  Very large and bothersome piles (sometimes they bleed too) are treated surgically.

To help loosen your stools the doctor can prescribe a medication like Movical which is a powder that you mix in a glassful of water and drink.  Sometimes one sachet is enough but if not, more can be drunk.

A good way to avoid constipation is by having a good balanced and healthy diet that contains fresh fruit and vegetables, fibre and lots of fluids, especially water.  Moving about and going for a walk can also help to stimulate the bowels to move.  Cut out or cut down on sugary foods and chocolate and processed foods.  You can still have some, but in moderation and now and then.

As well as cereals that contain a lot of fibre, cabbage, sweet corn, prunes, apples with skins and citrus fruits are very good to eat.  You may think of some other high fibre foods.

The other thing that can cause itching in the anal area and especially at night time is threadworms.  These sometimes can be visible in the faeces.  So when you do do one, look at it to see if there are any white thread like little worms.  If you do have threadworms you can get a prescription from the doctor or buy the medication fairly cheaply at the chemist.  Also any other members of the household also need to be treated at the same time.

It is very important to always wash your hands after using the toilet and after touching the toilet seat, after touching soil and pets.  Always wash your hands before eating food.  The eggs of threadworms can be picked up through touch contaminated surfaces, like door handles and other contaminated items and surfaces.  The threadworm eggs and not visible to the naked eye.  Don't panic if you do see one, it is fairly common.

With regard to your penis area, do not use any soaps or shower gels as these are drying to the delicate skin  and can cause more irritation.  Non perfumed soap and those with a pH level that is suitable for our skins is OK.  I use a baby bath wash from time to time.

If you find that the Daktacort stops to work for you, go back to the doctor as there are other creams that are available to treat fungal problems.  Trimovate and Canesten are sometime used.  There is also a one dose oral capsule called Fluconazole that is also used to treat fungal infections.
Your partner may have to be treated too.  A sign to watch for is soreness and itching sometimes there is a white discharge.

As a home remedy
Sorry, I forgot I hadn't completed my last paragraph and pressed the send button.

As a home remedy, for soreness and itching on the genital area you can apply natural set yogurt to your washed and gently tried genitals.  This works for men and women.

Best wishes.
Thank you for your post. Regarding the sweets and chocolate, I went to the dentist two weeks back and he said if I kept eating sweets and sugars my teeth will rot (I love my white teeth). And that scared the heck out of me, so I have really cut down. I can't quit cold turkey as I have been relying on sweets for 22 years. HAHA. but since I cut down the itching has really subsided ALOT. And the lump, well I can't seem to feel it anymore. So unless its a coincidence that could have been it. And at the moment the daktacort is working fine. It has taken the marks down considerably. But if it stops working I will head back to the doctor. In regards to the yoghurt, I may just try that, I haven't heard of it before, but sounds like it could be worth a try.

Thank you for the help :D
Thrush loves "sweet" too.

If you continue to have skin issues, ask your doctor to check you out for diabetes or ask if you can have a glucose test.

Sometimes there are no symptoms at all, but high sugar levels can still cause damage to nerves.

Keep to a healthy and well balanced diet as I mentioned previously and limit your intake of sweet things.  The foods that are slow release energy may satisfy your "hunger" for sweets.  I know it won't be easy to begin with, because it has become a habit.  I have had to really cut down too.  Don't forget to drink water and cut down on the sugary and fizzy drinks.

Best wishes.