Men's Health Community

yeast infection or something else?

I am a woman who suffers from what I believe to be recurrent yeast infections. Whenever I am suffering from one, the symptoms are intense itching and pain with intercourse.
I believe I may have given a yeast infection to my boyfriend. He is uncircumcised. The first symptom was discomfort during intercourse followed by discomfort pulling back the foreskin. Then came slight itching. Then we noticed there were small red dots on the head of his penis. They were not raised and were not blister-like, just red dots. I gave him some monistat to try overnight for the next few days, and the red dots were replaced by blotches of white skin on his penis head. The white skin cannot be removed and does not come off in the shower. About a week later, the white skin is still there and even seems to be spreading  bit. It still occasionally itches. There is a slight discharge that comes out when he gets sexually excited. He has an upcoming doctors appointment, but I just wanted to ease my nerves and figure out what else it could possibly be.

I was a virgin before him, but about a year ago, I did participate in genital-to-genital rubbing with another person who I consider to be promiscuous.

Does this sound like a yeast infection?