Mental Health Issues Community
259 Members

Admitting a Loved One

I have a husband who is being treated for depression and anxiety.  I'm not sure what's caused the culmination of events; however I am now seriously looking into getting him some in patient care.  On top of his pdoc meds he is also being treated for several physical things.

I'm familar with when a physical symptom warrants a er or hospital visit.  I don't know when the symptom of "sleeps all day, won't wake propperly" warrants such thing.  His pdoc just changes his meds around and says that a inpatient stay would be okay if we (my husband and I ) wanted such a thing.

I have 2 elementary children at home.  Of course I don't "want" to add any more stress to their lives if it isn't necessary.  I love my husband and just want him to get better in the most timely manner possible as getting worse simply musn't happen.

Thanks.
I am so sorry that you are going through this dilemma and I am happy that you are seeking help for your husband. If you feel as if this decision is the best then I would advice that you do this. I completely understand what you are saying about adding stress to the kids but look at it this way---if you husband does not get the proper help he needs, the home environment will be worse. Please take care.

Anna
what is he taking?
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area