Mental Health Issues Community
144 Members

Any fellow sufferers from Bipolar illness?

Hi.  I’m relatively new here and couldnt find the place to post and answer new questions.  I basically got stuck in a thread about a mother’s difficult teenager.  I would love to talk to other bipolar people about their experiences.  I just recently accepted a diagnosis that was made several years ago and am consequently getting my meds re-evaluated.    
Hi there!  I know I saw you on the Bipolar forum where they have set up to specifically discuss that type of mental health diagnosis.  But here's good too.  When were you diagnosed? So, you are kind of going through the process again?  I know it is hard sometimes and then something happens that forces us to say "okay".  Hope whatever the catalyst to believing the diagnosis wasn't too difficult.  :((
Thank you.  Diagnosed years before I actually accepted the diagnosis and went to have my meds adjusted. I did hit an emotional extremity where my irritability and flare ups against other people became more frequent and more intense. It got to the point where I really could not trust myself and I was scared and that's what made me finally accept responsibility for the fact that I am indeed bipolar and it was then I went to a psychiatrist for meds adjustment  and am going in therapy now.
Want to commend you for knowing when to get help and accept the situation. That's a hard point to get to.  You are very brave.  How are the meds doing for you?
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area