Has anyone been on Aripiprazole, and what side affects did you have?

Would you advise to take it?
I would encourage you to do some research on this drug as well as read the responses you will get here.  This drug, Abilify, was approved originally by the FDA only when all other drugs had failed to work, if my memory serves.  The reason was it had a lot of side effects and didn't work all that well for most people.  It's an antipsychotic; do you suffer a psychosis?  I believe that these days it's most often used as an adjunct to an antidepressant, and that about exhausts my knowledge.  I don't suffer from a psychosis, so I have never used it.
My understanding is that this is now often added on to other mental health treatment (pretty routinely) to enhance improvement in patients.  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2626914/  I've been participating in a lot of informative groups regarding treatment for depression and anxiety as I have a son suffering a good deal right now and see more and more that augmenting treatment, taking a few different meds together seems to be a growing trend and with positive benefits for patients. Everyone is different though.  Are you working with a psychiatrist?

You are reading content posted in the Mental Health Issues Community

15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area