Am I worrying over nothing??

I found out today that My husband works in a warehouse with an asbestos roof that was cracked by a lorry 11 weeks ago and has not been looked at or fixed. About 9 weeks ago he developed a cough and has been struggling to breath. His sats sit around 92% and he wheezes most days when he stops moving about. Has had checks for blood clots with were clear all the chest examinations are clear. He has a lower lung capacity then the doctors think he should have by a peek flow test. Every test is clear and they don't know why he's coughing and fighting for breath all the time.
I know exposure to asbestos takes years to show symptoms but could it be something like this that's causing iritation in his lungs?