Mesothelioma Community
30 Members

Question about exposure

I worked in a building for 25 years with asbestosis falling on us all the time. Two years ago started having trouble with coughing and shortnessof breath. I went to see a pulmonologist and he was not interested. He did a CT scan and said it was normal. He laughed when I told him about the asbestos. Should I get a second opinion?
Hi James,

In my opinion, it is always worth receiving a second opinion. I know mesothelioma diagnosis often goes unnoticed so it is always worth a shot! You ought to let me know how it turns out. God bless ya!
Hello, James,

Yes, a second opinion would be a wise choice given your 25 years of potential asbestos exposure. An experienced pulmonologist wouldn't laugh at 25 years of exposure; so make sure to stress how long and extensive your exposure may have been at a future appointment.

Anyone with a history of occupational asbestos exposure should get regular physical exams to check for signs of asbestos-related disease. At the first sign of lung effects, a doctor should order an X-ray and other imaging scans like CT, PET or CAT.

Best of luck to you.
Mesothelioma Community
30 Members
25 Questions
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.