Mesothelioma Community
30 Members

Worried sick

I was exposed to airborne asbestos while contractior removed insulation from a pipe in an old house.  It was a 40 ft pipe in the basement.  There was visible dust in the basement.  I was there watching them 1 hr a day for 7 days without any protection.  It has been cleaned by professional one month after the disaster.  Am i going to get an asbestos related diseases from this short term exposure.  I have been extremely worried about this.  Please get back to me
I doubt it, if asbestos were really that dangerous, there would be no old people. Asbestos related diseases are usually brought on by long term asbestos exposure.
Usually long term expose is more of a risk.  If you are still worried go to your physical and get a chest x-ray.  Signs and symptoms of asbestos related diseases usually take 20-50 years to develop so better to be safe than sorry.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.