temple pain

I have had a pain in my left temple for just over 4 years now. It is only in my temple, nothing in my neck, back or behind my eye. It comes and goes as it pleases. It doesnt matter what i do, nothing helps. i have tried; eating/ not eating, darkness/light, Sleep/ staying awake, taking pain pills/ not taking anything ect... It really doesnt matter what i do NOTHING helps. I have been back and forth from doctor to doctor and they cant find anything wrong. As you can imagine, i am getting really sick and tired of it. It comes and goes as it pleases, there is no regular time it comes. it lasts anywhere from 30 mins to about 2 hours. Please if anyone knows anything that could help, or if you have the same thing and found a solution to it please, please comment. thank you.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
How are you? Aside from temple pain, what other symptoms are present? There are many possible causes of temple pain such as temporal arteritis, ice pick headache, TMJ, sinus infection, and primary headaches such as migraine and tension headache. Diagnostic tests such as imaging techniques ( CT scan/ MRI) may help. Identification of possible triggers may also help avoid attacks. Biofeedback therapy has also been used to control certain types of headaches. Take care and do keep us posted.