Migraines and Headaches Community

Can you help my sister?

My sister is 60 years old.  A month ago she had some kind of  spell that started out with her falling and cussing.   The neurologist thought it was a confusional migraine because one of the symptoms is vulgar language.   She was given vallim which didn't calm her down and then was given morphine.   She was in a deep sleep with no reponse for 8 days.  When she awoke it was for about 1 1/2 days.   Then she had a heart attack and stroke.  She had heart surgery and her heart doctor has dismissed her but she is back into her deep sleep.   They have done several MRIs, CATs, EEGs, ultrasounds looking for blood clots.    The doctors have tried different seizure medicines in case she's having seizures.   They have not come up with anything.  I was hoping someone might know of another case similar to this one.

This is a very unusual case. I would advise to consult a good sleep specialist for your sister and get a sleep study done. The sleep study may provide some clues as to what is going on. Do keep me posted.