Chronic Headaches

I have suffered with migraines since childhood. I assumed it was heredity as my mother suffers with migraines as well. The headaches seemed to have lessened however it has returned and become more frequent during the past couple of months. An MRI was done however it was clear.
When I was 5 years old I had a lumbar puncture done, could this be related? I am not 24 years old.
Headaches do occur after a lumbar puncture but only for a day or two after the procedure. The migraine headaches that you have since childhood are not due to the procedure.Please avoid the aggravating factors of migraine like strong smells, bright lights, sounds etc. Stay calm and relaxed. Exercise a little and consult a neurophysician for the treatment of migraine. Hope this helps you. Take care !
Just like you, I've had migraines since childhood.  I agree with rajgopal, plus I keep a running log of my different triggers.  I seemed to be blessed to now have several alerts when  it's coming and how severe.  My neurologist and I work close together on several treatments.  I'm sorry you've had them so long as well.

serenity113
Thanks for feedback. I shall start paying more attention to what triggers them off and avoid those that I can. I assume its stress related as they became more frequent within the last few months, however I just wanted to explore all avenues

You are reading content posted in the Migraines and Headaches Community