Migraines and Headaches Community

Confusional Migraine

My son was admitted to hospital last Wednesday after suffering a headache with visual disturbance. He was vomitting, confused, agitated, he also had a temerature, raised blood pressure and his pulse rate was high.  He has never been this ill before and at the hospital he was treated for a variety of ailments and had a CT scan as well as a lumber puncture.  We have been told that all the tests have come back clear and that he has to go for an MRI scan and only when this is clear that the doctors can be sure that he has had a confusional migraine.  I am now worried incase this reoccurs and would like advise as to what to do if it does.  i have been told that if he gets a headache that we have to treat it at the early stage with ibuprofen.  But my saon has told me that he had the visual disturbance in the first instance and that the headache came later.  Does this mean that he needs to be treated for a migriane if he has the visual disturbance, even if he doesn't have a headache.
That's a good question which I think you should ask the doctor about.