Migraines and Headaches Community

Getting Behind in everything

I would like to know how other migraine sufferers deal with all of the things of daily life that have to wait because they have migraines.  I get so behind in things like housework, paying bills, dealing with paperwork, and yard work that I get depressed and overwhelmed.  I get a headache and look at the chaos around me and I believe it actually makes the pain worse from the stress.  My husband helps, but there is only so much he can do without becoming overwhelmed himself.  Neither of us socialize very much because we are always too busy (or I am down with a migraine), and that makes the depression worse and so goes the cycle.  I know social connections are important, but how can I go to a friend's or have someone over when there is a stack of bills to be paid, there's cat vomit on the carpet, and a mess of dishes in the kitchen.  Any pointers would be appreciated.  
Migraines can ruin your life...but only if you let them. As with all types of pain sometimes you have to work through it so you don't fall too far behind and have more of a headache to deal with when you can. Set time for your 'to do list' 1-2 hrs a day. same time of day AND force yourself to get these things done with or WITHOUT migraine. This is the ONLY way til you take control over your migraines and get to the bottom of cause of control them better. Good Luck!!