Migraines and Headaches Community

Headache after sneezing

I sneezed late yesterday afternoon and since then have had a headache and felt tired.  I slept well during the night.  I have found that if I bend down my head hurts when I raise back up straight.  I sneezed again tonight 3 times and my head felt it was about to fall off my shoulders.  I have been on a computer most of the day working and kept as quiet as I could.  I have eaten minimal food of a small piece of chicken, 2 tomatoes and some lettuce, greek yoghurt with blueberries and raspberries, my evening meal has been salmon with prawns, green beens baby tomatoes and small potatoes.  My neck has now started to ache.  I am afraid to bend down.  Should I stay home and rest in bed for a day?  I have never had this before and am 67 years of age.  Should I visit the doctor.
I would say this to anyone, regardless of what they're experiencing:  If you are asking if you should see a doctor, the answer is always YES.  Any new pains that concern you should be looked at by a physician.  If it turns out to be a cold, maybe going to a dr will seem like a waste of time, but if it turns out to be something more serious, you'll be glad you went.
How  are you? Are there other symptoms present? Is this the first time that you experienced the headache? This could be due to exertion headache, which presents with head pain during or following physical or passive exertion, including sneezing, coughing, and even bowel movement. This is usually associated with migraine or cluster headaches. However, you need to have this checked by your doctor or be referred to a neurologist for proper diagnosis and to rule out organic diseases like aneurysms or blood vessel malformation. Take care and do keep us posted.