Advil helped for 2 hours now. Tylenol 3 only relived pain for 30 minutes or so.
Hi and welcome to the Migraines & Headaches Community.
First of all, I can tell you that age does not matter. I have known small children that get migraines. Second, it is unlikely you have a tumor. Migraines are a disease, not just "oh you have a headache so pop some Advil and go lie down. It just is not that simple.
That being said, TREATING migraines are not that simple either. Treating migraines is a marathon, not a sprint. There just is not fast and easy answer. What works on one migraine might not work the next time, etc. You need to see a doctor. There are preventative drugs you should be taking as well as abortive drugs. In the meantime, while waiting to see your doctor I can give you a few tips that have helped me in the past.
1. There are several symptoms of migraines and what causes the pain of a migraine is the blood vessels in your brain become dilated. So, sometimes it helps it you put a bit of pressure on your head. I am sure you have already been doing this unconsciously with your hands from time to time. So, get a bandanna or a cloth headband and wrap it snugly around your head.
2. If you rub Mentholatum across your forehead and on your temples that helps relax those tense muscles. You can do this with or without the wrap, depending on if you like the heat or not.
3. Try either a cold or hot pack, whichever is more comfy to you.
4. The best OTC meds that I have found that works is Excedrin. It is a combo of Aspirin, Tylenol and Caffeine and that happens to be an excellent combo for migraines.
5. I mentioned caffeine before...well, drink coffee, Mt Dew, take Vivirin...sometimes a mega dose of caffeine will stop it in its tracks.
6. If you get nauseous or dizzy get some Meclizine from the pharmacy (the stuff behind the counter) you can take 25mg three times a day as needed. Yes it works on both.
Good luck and please let us know what the doctor says.