How do i get rid of my migraines?

I'm 18 years old and have been having reoccurring migraines for about 2 years now. My mom always said that she used to get them when she was my age too so we never questioned it. Lately Ive been having them about twice a week, and NO medication out there will make them go away. The only way they will go away is if i lay down and go to sleep and wake up the next day. They happen in my left temple and a vein pops itself out and doesn't go away until the migraine is gone. What should i do should i get help?
The teenage years are usually the worst. Migraine does not like hormonal changes (or any changes) and when you are a teenager a lot of things happen in the body.

If you find a physician who is experienced with treating migraines it can be worth a visit. You can learn about triggers and how to best control your migraines. You can also read a lot of information in books or on the web.

But there is no cure, you must learn how to control them as well as you can, and possibly they will calm down in a few years too.

You are reading content posted in the Migraines and Headaches Community