Aa
A
A
A
Close
Migraines and Headaches Community
6.76k Members

Lump and headaches

Hi, So I have been getting horrible migranes for about 7 months now. I always get one for 2 days during my period and then usually one other day in the month. I had a bump right under my ear that seems to have gone down (it was there for about 2 months) It was hard, unmovable and no pain. Now I noticed a hard bump on the back of my head. It is about 1.5 inches from my ear towards the center of the back of my head but more on the right side above my neck. It is hard, unmovable and is sensitive to touch.
I have had issues with my thyroid and was diagnosed with Graves disease 3 years ago,  but that has seemed to be in control. My last test I was more on the scale for Hashimotos. My tests for the thyroid do fluctuate but for the most part have been in the more normal range. I have not been sick other than the migraines.. I did have a baby 19 months ago... I have extremely low blood pressure (always have), and my blood sugar is usually low too...
I guess my main concern is the migraines as they are new for me. Any ideas of what is going on? I tried to give as much info as I could, but feel free to ask questions :)
1 Responses
Welcome to the Migraines & Headaches Community.

What has your doctor said about the lumps???

As far as the migraines...they can occur at any age and at any time. There are many many triggers and each person is different with their triggers and you could have more than one trigger. Stress, smells, food, weather...it goes on and on. It helps to try to identify your triggers and do something about the ones you can control.

I would talk to your doctor about ways to control them.....and also please have them look at the lumps!

Please keep us informed.
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Allentown, PA
1780921 tn?1499305393
Queen Creek, AZ
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
Trinity , TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease