Migraines and Headaches Community

MRI and CT Scan Question

I have had a headache for about 3 weeks.  It has ranged from mild to fairly severe.  At its worst I went to the ER.  At the ER I had a routine CT scan that showed a possible blood clot.  The CT scan was followed immediately by an MRI which showed everything as normal.  I was treated for a migraine and sent home.  I saw my primary doc 2 days later who confirmed that I probably had a migraine, but ordered another MRI with contrast, to ease my mind.  The MRI that was conducted did not involve any dye.  I was told that the computer hardware and software provided sufficient detail of the cerebral vascular system to not warrant a dye study.  The next day my doc called and said there was a mass 10 mm X 7 mm in the right suprasellar cistern, and that an additional MRI was needed to determine the cause.  One hour prior to the final MRI my doc called and said the radiologist had contacted her and that after looking at the images from the ER and comparing to the new MRI he believed the image to be an artifact.  I had the more focused MRI done anyway and the radiologist said everything was fine.  Should I believe them?  Should additional imaging, or other testing be done?  I still have a headache, now going on 3 weeks but not as bad.
How are you? To ease any anxiety, you can bring your MRI result and plates to another radiologist for a second opinion before doing additional tests. If the migraine responds well to the prescribed medications, let us leave it as migraine. It would also help if you can identify your migraine triggers to prevent future migraine recurrences. Take care and do keep us posted.