Migraines and Headaches Community

Migraine Meds after Stroke

I was recently diagnosed with having had two strokes so I can no longer take the migraine medication that I was taking for the past five years. I am currently taking Topamax but know that I will at some point have another migraine since I usually get 3-4 a month. Are there any migraine medications out there for people who have had strokes or do I just have to go with basic painkillers?
Thanks!

Migraine meds like Topamax and triptans are not usually prescribed for patients who have suffered from stroke or are at a high risk of stroke.
NSAIDS are comparatively safe for patients with stroke. You can even try alternate therapies like magnesium and B complex supplements, acupressure, acupuncture and biofeedback therapy.
Good luck!